Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Packeteer insider question

Packeteer insider question

Miika Koiva

Hey folks,

I know this is a Cisco NG, but it seems like the only place to ask..
I need a hint from someone with good packeteer knowhow:

I have got a present of Intel NetStructure Application Shaper, which
happens to be rebadged Packeteer AppVantage unit, it came with very
old 4.2 PacketWise release. Hardware wise it seems to be identical to
PacketShaper 6500.

I have tried to upload PacketWise 7.0 image on the unit, it worked,
booted up, I can access unit via CLI with full functionality but:

a) It still calls itself a Intel NetStructure Application Shaper
b) It always complains about corrupt config and drops into safe mode

Total config reset does not help, obiously this is "just" a software
issue, something, somewhere performs this configuration check and
complains about its corruption.

Any idea how I could override those checks / reset config and make
unit run newer PacketWise?

Miika

BradReeseCom

Hi Miika,