Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > macro apply ... $AVID

macro apply ... $AVID

tony

I want to apply cisco-desktop macro to all my access ports on my 4506

2/1 - 5/48

I tried int range gigabit 2/1 - 5/48 and does not recognize 5/48

Do I have to do this module by module?

Also if I go macro apply cisco-desktop ?

It is asking for this

c4506(config-if-range)#macro apply cisco-desktop ?
WORD Keyword to replace with a value e.g. $AVID
<cr>

what is $AVID?

It says in the doc that do not use vlan1. That is all I have one vlan
(Vlan1)

Merv

tony wrote:
> I want to apply cisco-desktop macro to all my access ports on my 4506
>
> 2/1 - 5/48
>
> I tried int range gigabit 2/1 - 5/48 and does not recognize 5/48
>
> Do I have to do this module by module?

the documentation explains this quite clearly:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/...eference_chapt
er09186a00804fb28b.html#wp1974708

When you define a range, you must enter a space between the first port
and the hyphen (-):

interface range gigabitethernet 5/1 -20, gigabitethernet4/5 -20.

Use these formats when entering the port-range:

·interface-type {mod}/{first-port} - {last-port}

·interface-type {mod}/{first-port} - {last-port}

Valid values for interface-type are as follows:

·FastEthernet

·GigabitEthernet

·Vlan vlan_id

You cannot specify both a macro and an interface range in the same
command. After creating a macro, you can enter additional ranges. If
you have already entered an interface range, the CLI does not allow you
to enter a macro.

You can specify a single interface in the port-range value. This makes
the command similar to the interface interface-number command.
Examples

This example shows how to use the interface range command to interface
to FE 5/18 - 20:

Switch(config)# interface range fastethernet 5/18 - 20

Switch(config-if)#