Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX Failover

PIX Failover

ESM

Can anyone give me some sample configuration segments for failover on a
PIX515. I want to do straight fialover mode where the 2nd pix seamlessly
takes place of the first.

John

ESM wrote:
> Can anyone give me some sample configuration segments for failover on a
> PIX515.

Since i dont have any experience with using failover i cannot provide
any examples from my own experience. But if you look at Chapter 10 in
the "Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide"; wich came with the
unit, you'll find alot of information and configuration examples.

Below is the direct link to this document for version PIX 6.3, if you
dont have that version i suggest you either look at the companion cd-rom
or search for "Cisco PIX Firewall and VPN Configuration Guide"" at
http://www.cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...080172852.html

> I want to do straight fialover mode where the 2nd pix seamlessly
> takes place of the first.

The purpose of any failover is to takeover when another unit goes
offline or is unavailable. From the looks of the configuration and what
i can read this is also what the pix does.