Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Connect together cisco vpn clients

Connect together cisco vpn clients

Fabio

Hi, I have one main office and two branch offices.
In main office there is a cisco pix 501 and two user of branch offices
are connect with cisco vpn client.
>From main office i can ping the two pc vpn client but the two vpn

client cannot ping together
I like connect together the two vpn client of remote branch.
Thanks.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Fabio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi, I have one main office and two branch offices.
>In main office there is a cisco pix 501 and two user of branch offices
>are connect with cisco vpn client.
>>From main office i can ping the two pc vpn client but the two vpn

>client cannot ping together
>I like connect together the two vpn client of remote branch.

You can't do that with the PIX 501.

The minimum model you could do
it with (without adding additional hardware) would be a PIX 506 or
PIX 506E running 6.3(3) or later, and getting it to work with
those would presume an 802.1Q VLAN-aware WAN switch or WAN router
together with multiple public IP address ranges (or being able to
subnet your existing public IP address.)

After that your choice lies in using a model with an additional
physical interface and using a WAN router and multiple public IP
address ranges (or being able to subnet your existing public IP
address.)

To be able to do it without resorting to VLANs or multiple public
address ranges, you would need to use a PIX 515, 515E, 525 or 535,
with PIX 7.x software.