Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Denial of Service attack against Cisco/Linksys SR2016 16 x 1 gige port switch?

Denial of Service attack against Cisco/Linksys SR2016 16 x 1 gige port switch?

tony.p.lee@gmail.com

I found that if I stream VLC (video) traffic (3-4 mbps) to
non-existing ip address or multi-cast ip address thru the SR2016.

Some (all?) port of the switch will lock up.

This problem take less than one minute to reproduce.

Turn off the video traffic and the switch will still be in the lock up
state.

The only way to recover I found is to power cycle the switch.

Have anyone else see this problem? or is there a fix for it?

-Tony.p.lee

What is a Denial of Service Attack? crb Computer Support 2 05-23-2005 01:27 AM
What does denial of service attack mean? crb Computer Support 4 05-02-2005 01:02 AM
denial of service attack? tony Cisco 1 04-30-2004 06:55 PM
Denial of Service Attack Jim PKP Computer Support 2 04-02-2004 05:06 PM
is the current SCO denial of service attack bogus ? Daeron Computer Information 0 02-01-2004 10:05 PM

Advertisments