Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > modem dial-in to Cisco 2600 problem

modem dial-in to Cisco 2600 problem

asda

Hi!
I have to following situation. I need to connect over PSTN to remote location to Cisco 2600 router. I have MultiTech MT5634ZBA-V92 modem connected to aux port of 2600. Form my PC I connect through Hyper Terminal.
Configuration of aux port on 2600 looks like this:

line aux 0
exec-timeout 15 0
login local
modem InOut
modem autoconfigure discovery
transport input all
stopbits 1
speed 115200
flowcontrol hardware

1) When I connect why do I get this (red letters):

CONNECT 31200/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS

% Login invalid

Username: 0 V42bis
Password:

2) how can I set that after 3 unsuccessful login attempts, user gets disconnected?
3) Why every time I connect to my USR external modem over Hyper Terminal I have to enter atz command to see what I write?

Thanks!
I appreciate

asda

And

4) when first password timeout expires to tell router to give one more prompt. And if password timeout expires again, another prompt (last one)?