Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLAN setup with Linksys SRW2016

VLAN setup with Linksys SRW2016

boazrf@gmail.com

I'm having many difficulties setting up VLANs with Linksys SRW2016.
Specifically trunk a port doesn't operate as expected - no
transferring data from other VLANs.
Unfortunately the documentation does not include tutorials / concepts /
examples that I can use to confirm that I'm doing it right.
Such documentation or an expert advice would be most helpful.

My network requires setting up one SWR2016 that accept 2 VLANs, and
send them out (via trunk port) to a second SWR2016 that continue to
maintain that VLAN separation and send everything to the router.

-VLAN1->|========| VLAN2->|=========|
|SRW2016 |------->| SRW2016 |--> [ROUTER]
-VLAN2->|== 1 ===| VLAN1->|=== 2 ===|

Thanks,

Boaz

www.BradReese.Com

Hi Boaz,

You may also wish to post to the Linksys Forums:

Linksys Broadband Forum

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys

Linksysinfo Forum

http://www.linksysinfo.org/portal/forums/

Linksys Networking

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=916

Linksys Modems

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=915

Found on Cisco Technical Forums:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
AIM: R2MGrant
http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm

boazrf@gmail.com

Brad,

Very helpful. Already send to some of those and I'll add the new ones
from your list.

Thanks,
Boaz

www.BradReese.Com wrote:
> Hi Boaz,
>
> You may also wish to post to the Linksys Forums:
>
> Linksys Broadband Forum
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/linksys
>
> Linksysinfo Forum
>
> http://www.linksysinfo.org/portal/forums/
>
> Linksys Networking
>
> http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=916
>
> Linksys Modems
>
> http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=915
>
> Found on Cisco Technical Forums:
>
> http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Brad Reese
> BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
> http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm
> 1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
> Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
> USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
> International: 828-277-7272
> Fax: 775-254-3558
> AIM: R2MGrant
> BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
> http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power...-inventory.htm

www.BradReese.Com

Boaz,

You're welcome, my pleasure.

Don't forget the Linksys Knowledge Base:

http://linksys.custhelp.com

and 24 Hour Live Linksys Help Desk:

http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...ve_request.php

Sincerely,