Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 2 questions about 70-553

2 questions about 70-553

Nick

Hello everyone,
I'm studying for 70-553 exam, practicing on Transcender test and I have a
couple of questions.
1.In Transcender tests I'm finding some questions about COM interop.This
is an argument which is not listed on official Ms guideline at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.mspx. Is COM interop in the
70-553 exam?
2.I find Transcender 70-553 questions quite easy.Are there more easy than
real questions? I'm asking this because other times(in some "old" MCSD.NET
exams) I had find Transcender question harder than real questions.
Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIEFuZGVyc29u?=

Actually, one of the objectives on
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.mspx#EYH is:
"Implementing interoperability, reflection, and mailing functionality in a
..NET Framework application."

I don't know about the difficulty of the Transcender questions for that
exam, I don't have that Transcender and haven't taken that exam.
--
Jim Anderson, MCSD
Consultant

"Nick" wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm studying for 70-553 exam, practicing on Transcender test and I have a
> couple of questions.
> 1.In Transcender tests I'm finding some questions about COM interop.This
> is an argument which is not listed on official Ms guideline at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.mspx. Is COM interop in the
> 70-553 exam?
> 2.I find Transcender 70-553 questions quite easy.Are there more easy than
> real questions? I'm asking this because other times(in some "old" MCSD.NET
> exams) I had find Transcender question harder than real questions.
> Thank you.

Nick

Jim,
as you can see under macro-argument "Implementing interoperability,
reflection, and mailing functionality in a
..NET Framework application." there is only mailing functionality and not
other arguments.
I think that Ms had done some cut&paste from other exam(in this case exam
70-536 see http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-536.mspx) but as you
can see 70-536 has interop,reflection and mailing question under this
macro-argument 70-553 has not.
So my question is:is Ms program on page
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.mspx wrong?Or are
Transcender tests wrong?
Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIEFuZGVyc29u?=

I'm guessing Transcender included it (interop) because Microsoft listed it in
the high-level objectives. As far as why Microsoft has it is listed in the
high-level objectives didn't enumerate it in the low level level ones and
which is correct, that is a question for Microsoft. If I were you, I would
ask MS and be familiar with interop to be safe.
--
Jim Anderson, MCSD
Consultant

"Nick" wrote:

> Jim,
> as you can see under macro-argument "Implementing interoperability,
> reflection, and mailing functionality in a
> ..NET Framework application." there is only mailing functionality and not
> other arguments.
> I think that Ms had done some cut&paste from other exam(in this case exam
> 70-536 see http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-536.mspx) but as you
> can see 70-536 has interop,reflection and mailing question under this
> macro-argument 70-553 has not.
> So my question is:is Ms program on page
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-553.mspx wrong?Or are
> Transcender tests wrong?
> Thanks

Chris Mullins [MVP]

"Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Is COM interop in the 70-553 exam?

I remember a few COM Interop questions, but I took the beta version of the
exam. I can't speak about the current version.

> 2.I find Transcender 70-553 questions quite easy.Are there more easy than
> real questions? I'm asking this because other times(in some "old" MCSD.NET
> exams) I had find Transcender question harder than real questions.

I found the beta version of 70-553 to be difficult. The beta though was
almost twice the length of the current exam, and they could have removed the
questions I found difficult.

I breezed through all the MCSD.Net exams - an hour or two of sample tests,
then the exam. The degree of difficulty in 70-553 was quite a shock.

--
Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise, MVP C#
http://www.coversant.net/blogs/cmullins