Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCTS 70-536

MCTS 70-536

jbj

In the beginning of the Microsoft Press test kit it says; "This book assumes
that you have at least two to three years of experience developing
Web-based, Microsoft Windows-based, or distributed applications by using the
..NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, and the .NET Framework 2.0."

What would be the starting point if you can't fulfill the requirement stated
above...?!? It's pretty backward that they don't inform people about these
prerequisites...

jbj

=?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkIGRpZXJraW5nIFtNU0ZUXQ==?=

I wouldn't close the book based on that statement alone. The prerequisite
experience listed is done so that you don't expect to be taught things such
as how to navigate around the Visual Studio IDE, etc.... Please look past
this statement, take a look at the TOC, and let us know if the actual content
assumes too high a level.

thanks,

_howard

--
Howard Dierking
Product Planner, Developer and Database Certifications

"jbj" wrote:

> In the beginning of the Microsoft Press test kit it says; "This book assumes
> that you have at least two to three years of experience developing
> Web-based, Microsoft Windows-based, or distributed applications by using the
> ..NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, and the .NET Framework 2.0."
>
> What would be the starting point if you can't fulfill the requirement stated
> above...?!? It's pretty backward that they don't inform people about these
> prerequisites...
>
> jbj

jbj

Thanks for responding Howard,

It's like buying a piece exercise equipment that promisses to get rid of
your belly. On page 1 in the instruction book you'll usually find the
following statement; "Please switch to a low calorie diet and start walking
at least 30 minutes a day as well". Duh...if I did that to begin with, maybe
I wouldn't need the exercise ecuipment....

I have already found out the hard way that the examples found in the kit
doesn't really prepare you for the exam. The questions asked on the real
exam requires the student to have a deeper understanding of each topic...

"howard dierking [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)>