Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Monday Madness

OT: Monday Madness

Frisbee«

Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:

[Onyx_Hokie ((E-Mail Removed))]
[Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]

> [Trent Woodruff ((E-Mail Removed))]
> [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
>
> > Look at what you save!
> >
> > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239

> I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

I also want to know what country "Alden" is sitting in right now:

Chat Information

Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be
joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2
minutes)

Chat Information

Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with
Alden.

Alden: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, my name is Alden, how can I
help you?

you: Hi there.

you: i think you may want to check this ad out immediately:

you: http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239

Alden: I'll be glad to check on that for you.

you: List Price: $99.99 Today's Price: $137.45 You Save: ($37.46) (-37%)

you: You "save" -37% ?

Alden: Just to confirm are you referring to '250GB CAVIAR SE16 SATA II
7200 3.5 RPM 16MB 3.5IN RETAIL 300MB/S'?

you: Yes, Alden.

Alden: Thank you for the confirming the item.

you: Do you seriously not see the problem?

Alden: Would you mind holding while I check on that for you?

you: Alden.

you: I don't want to buy the item.

you: I want to alert you to the fact that someone at Overstock has
apparently made a mistake.

Alden: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

you: and put marked a 37% price increase as a "savings"

you: Stop typing to me out of your Customer Service Rep book.

you: You have a brain. Use it. Speak (well, type).

Alden: Let me check what best I can do for you.

you: good lord

you: goodbye.. please report the error to your supervisors

--
Onyx_Hokie

"To those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

=?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=

"Frisbee®" wrote:

> Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:
>
> [Onyx_Hokie ((E-Mail Removed))]
> [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]
>
> > [Trent Woodruff ((E-Mail Removed))]
> > [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
> >
> > > Look at what you save!
> > >
> > > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239

> > I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

> I also want to know what country "Alden" is sitting in right now:
>
> Chat Information
>
> Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be
> joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2
> minutes)
>
> Chat Information
>
> Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with
> Alden.
>
> Alden: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, my name is Alden, how can I
> help you?
>
> you: Hi there.
>
> you: i think you may want to check this ad out immediately:
>
> you: http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239
>
> Alden: I'll be glad to check on that for you.
>
> you: List Price: $99.99 Today's Price: $137.45 You Save: ($37.46) (-37%)
>
> you: You "save" -37% ?
>
> Alden: Just to confirm are you referring to '250GB CAVIAR SE16 SATA II
> 7200 3.5 RPM 16MB 3.5IN RETAIL 300MB/S'?
>
> you: Yes, Alden.
>
> Alden: Thank you for the confirming the item.
>
> you: Do you seriously not see the problem?
>
> Alden: Would you mind holding while I check on that for you?
>
> you: Alden.
>
> you: I don't want to buy the item.
>
> you: I want to alert you to the fact that someone at Overstock has
> apparently made a mistake.
>
> Alden: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
>
> you: and put marked a 37% price increase as a "savings"
>
> you: Stop typing to me out of your Customer Service Rep book.
>
> you: You have a brain. Use it. Speak (well, type).
>
> Alden: Let me check what best I can do for you.
>
> you: good lord
>
> you: goodbye.. please report the error to your supervisors
>
> --
> Onyx_Hokie
>
> "To those who have fought for it,
> freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

I had the same problem with Dell.

BD[MCNGP]

So you're saying:

"OTHMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Chat Information
>>
>> Welcome to Overstock.com's Customer Service Live Chat! You will be
>> joined with a chat representative as quickly as possible. (Less than 2
>> minutes)
>>
>> Chat Information
>>
>> Welcome to Overstock.com Customer Service, you are now chatting with
>> OTHMAN.
>>
>> OTHMAN: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com, my name is Alden, how can I
>> help you?
>>
>> DELL: Hi there.
>>
>> DELL: i think you may want to check this ad out immediately:
>>
>> DELL: http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239
>>
>> OTHMAN: I'll be glad to check on that for you.
>>
>> DELL: List Price: $99.99 Today's Price: $137.45 You Save: ($37.46) (-37%)
>>
>> DELL: You "save" -37% ?
>>
>> OTHMAN: Just to confirm are you referring to '250GB CAVIAR SE16 SATA II
>> 7200 3.5 RPM 16MB 3.5IN RETAIL 300MB/S'?
>>
>> DELL: Yes, OTHMAN.
>>
>> OTHMAN: Thank you for the confirming the item.
>>
>> DELL: Do you seriously not see the problem?
>>
>> OTHMAN: Would you mind holding while I check on that for you?
>>
>> DELL: OTHMAN.
>>
>> DELL: I don't want to buy the item.
>>
>> DELL: I want to alert you to the fact that someone at Overstock has
>> apparently made a mistake.
>>
>> OTHMAN: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.
>>
>> DELL: and put marked a 37% price increase as a "savings"
>>
>> DELL: Stop typing to me out of your Customer Service Rep book.
>>
>> DELL: You have a brain. Use it. Speak (well, type).
>>
>> OTHMAN: Let me check what best I can do for you.
>>
>> DELL: good lord
>>
>> DELL: goodbye.. please report the error to your supervisors
>>
>> --
>> Onyx_Hokie
>>
>> "To those who have fought for it,
>> freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

> I had the same problem with Dell.

TechGeekPro

On Feb 5, 2007 at 9:40am "Frisbee«" blathered:

> <snip>

Thanks you sir for posting this.

May I have your account number please?

Will you please hold while look up your records?

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

<click>

LGHT

Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
english as their native language.

--
LGHT

catwalker63

Frisbee« prattled ceaselessly:

> Had to repost this from rec.sport.football.college:
>
> [Onyx_Hokie ((E-Mail Removed))]
> [Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:56:20 -0000]
>
>> [Trent Woodruff ((E-Mail Removed))]
>> [Mon, 05 Feb 2007 01:41:29 -0600]
>>
>> > Look at what you save!
>> >
>> > http://www.overstock.com/?wp_ml=0&pa...rod_id=2085239

>> I want to know how many of those they've sold at that price.

<snip>

They fixed it. It now lists at over $220 instead of $99. They're still
selling it for the same sale price.

--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

JaR

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:48:36 -0600, LGHT cast into the ether:

> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
> english as their native language.

No way! Where'd you hear that load of guano?

--
JaR
American as Pizza Pie!

catwalker63

JaR prattled ceaselessly:

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:48:36 -0600, LGHT cast into the ether:
>

>> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
>> english as their native language.

> No way! Where'd you hear that load of guano?

I think my sarcasm meter just exploded.

--

Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet
BS, MCSA, MCSE
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Cerebrus

On Feb 6, 11:17 am, catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think my sarcasm meter just exploded.

Here... you can have mine.

BD[MCNGP]

"LGHT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Almost all online support is now over seas and I doublt any of them use
> english as their native language.

Just because someone has a thick accent, doesn't mean that english isn't their
primary language. That would be like saying people from Tennessee or Louisiana
don't speak english...nevermind, I see your point.

OT: Monday Madness Frisbee« MCSE 31 12-14-2005 07:57 PM
OT: Monday Madness Frisbee« MCSE 50 08-18-2005 03:31 AM
OT: More Monday Madness Briscobar MCSE 2 08-16-2005 07:49 PM
OT: Monday Madness =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSE 15 03-22-2005 06:47 PM
Madness, I call it madness Marius Horak ASP .Net Datagrid Control 2 06-04-2004 02:28 PM

Advertisments