Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > RIS question

RIS question

David

1) I just heard an instructor on a cbt state that the *RIS server's* hard
drive (the one used for RIS) has to be the same size or smaller than the
smallest target client's hard drive? I'm thinking he just mispoke... its the
client's hard drive (the one risprep is used on) that must be the same size
or smaller than the smallest target client's hard drive right?

2) also, is it still true that you can't use windows server 2003 RIS to
install windows 2000 servers?

catwalker63

"David" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> 1) I just heard an instructor on a cbt state that the *RIS server's*
> hard drive (the one used for RIS) has to be the same size or smaller
> than the smallest target client's hard drive? I'm thinking he just
> mispoke... its the client's hard drive (the one risprep is used on)
> that must be the same size or smaller than the smallest target
> client's hard drive right?
>
> 2) also, is it still true that you can't use windows server 2003 RIS
> to install windows 2000 servers?

1) Yes

2) No

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet

David

thanks.

news:Xns98C253576249Ccatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> 1) I just heard an instructor on a cbt state that the *RIS server's*
>> hard drive (the one used for RIS) has to be the same size or smaller
>> than the smallest target client's hard drive? I'm thinking he just
>> mispoke... its the client's hard drive (the one risprep is used on)
>> that must be the same size or smaller than the smallest target
>> client's hard drive right?
>>
>> 2) also, is it still true that you can't use windows server 2003 RIS
>> to install windows 2000 servers?
>>

> 1) Yes
>
> 2) No
>
> --
> Catwalker
> aka Pu$$y Feet
> BS, MCSA, MCSE
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> faq.mcngp.com

WinPE and RIS Prepped images =?Utf-8?B?VHVyZ2U=?= Microsoft Certification 0 08-23-2005 12:01 AM
Question about RIS cdavidson MCSE 2 11-14-2004 05:35 PM
Running RIS on a Web Server? =?Utf-8?B?Q2xheXRvbg==?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-01-2004 05:59 PM
Question about RIS - Can't install the Network card after installation.. Miklos MCSA 4 02-24-2004 04:46 PM
Win2k RIS Ben Freeman MCSE 2 09-02-2003 02:46 PM

Advertisments