Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Average IT downtime

Average IT downtime

James

Could you provide any links?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, we are trying to show how our IT department is doing a good job,
>> compaired to the average...
>> Any suggestions on where to look?

> One source claims the average network in north america has 105 hours of
> unscheduled downtime every year. Another claims it is 87.36. I believe
> that 62.45% of all statistics are made up though.

Jonathan Roberts

James wrote:
> Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the average
> downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?

You might check Gartner and IDC. I don't know of specific links.

Jonathan

Neil

did you hear Jonathan Roberts <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> James wrote:
>> Any of you smart people know where I could find information on the
>> average downtime (IT related) for north american businesses?
>>

> You might check Gartner and IDC. I don't know of specific links.
>
> Jonathan

or forrester or ittoolkit.com but all of these sites will charge for the
service. My recommendation is to pay up for it. You will spend a great
deal of time getting conflicting stories (even if you buy the research),
but at least when you have paid for it you will be able to use the
studies metrics as a proving ground to your employer *AND* your time is
worth money too.

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006

- Ignorance is temporary, Stupidity is forever.