Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Something to laugh about?!?

Something to laugh about?!?

BD[MCNGP]

Is this something to laugh about? I've laughed at stuff like this in the past
and seen that it actually made a difference in the company's life.

Hmmm...I suppose we shall see.

> Novel software drives '$100 laptop'

> When students in Thailand, Libya and other developing countries get their $150
> computers from the One
> Laptop Per Child project in 2007, their experience will be unlike anything on
> standard PCs.

> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/02/h...?eref=rss_tech

kpg

"BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this something to laugh about? I've laughed at stuff like this in the
> past and seen that it actually made a difference in the company's life.
>
> Hmmm...I suppose we shall see.
>

>> Novel software drives '$100 laptop'

>> When students in Thailand, Libya and other developing countries get their
>> $150 computers from the One
>> Laptop Per Child project in 2007, their experience will be unlike
>> anything on standard PCs.

>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/02/h...?eref=rss_tech

Guilt of the liberal elite - Let's give the poor children a laptop so I
don't feel so guilty
about my $400,000 house.

....and this laptop won't even give them any workplace skills - teach a man
to fish, you know?

Spend the money on vaccines, education programs for the parents, sanitation,
anything else,
but this is a joke, but it's not very funny.

I wonder how long it will take to figure out how to remote detonate a bomb
with one of these things.

0x22
Am I a pessimist?

Lnkwizard2

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is this something to laugh about? I've laughed at stuff like this in the
>> past and seen that it actually made a difference in the company's life.
>>
>> Hmmm...I suppose we shall see.
>>

>>> Novel software drives '$100 laptop'

>>> When students in Thailand, Libya and other developing countries get
>>> their $150 computers from the One
>>> Laptop Per Child project in 2007, their experience will be unlike
>>> anything on standard PCs.

>>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/02/h...?eref=rss_tech

> Guilt of the liberal elite - Let's give the poor children a laptop so I
> don't feel so guilty
> about my $400,000 house.
>
> ...and this laptop won't even give them any workplace skills - teach a man
> to fish, you know?
>
> Spend the money on vaccines, education programs for the parents,
> sanitation, anything else,
> but this is a joke, but it's not very funny.
>
> I wonder how long it will take to figure out how to remote detonate a bomb
> with one of these things.
>
> 0x22
> Am I a pessimist?

Nope, an optomist. I am sure they have that already figured out.

BD[MCNGP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/02/h...?eref=rss_tech

> Guilt of the liberal elite - Let's give the poor children a laptop so I don't
> feel so guilty
> about my $400,000 house.

Precisely! Bastigs!!

> ...and this laptop won't even give them any workplace skills - teach a man to
> fish, you know?

Know it well. Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day....teach a man to fish
and he'll make a $1B company out of it and use it to starve thousands.

> Spend the money on vaccines, education programs for the parents, sanitation,
> anything else,
> but this is a joke, but it's not very funny.

Again, precisely what I was thinking. What is wrong with these fuskers? Everyone
knows one can't think straight on an empty stomach.

> I wonder how long it will take to figure out how to remote detonate a bomb
> with one of these things.

That's v2.0

> 0x22
> Am I a pessimist?

Optimist 2ndeded

Consultant

queef is the vaginal discharge of gas, mmmmkay

"BD[MCNGP]" <...---...> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this something to laugh about? I've laughed at stuff like this in the
> past and seen that it actually made a difference in the company's life.
>
> Hmmm...I suppose we shall see.
>

>> Novel software drives '$100 laptop'

>> When students in Thailand, Libya and other developing countries get their
>> $150 computers from the One
>> Laptop Per Child project in 2007, their experience will be unlike
>> anything on standard PCs.

>> http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/01/02/h...?eref=rss_tech

BD[MCNGP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> queef is the vaginal discharge of gas, mmmmkay

And it's tasty toooooo. ($1 to Lucy)

--
BD
MCNGP #51

Here a good laugh on Novell --> NT -->AL Wireless Networking 7 03-29-2005 07:37 PM
OT: Just for the laugh of it!! zeus MCSE 26 11-10-2004 11:17 AM
Please don't laugh gale ASP .Net 6 10-14-2004 05:08 PM
OT: IE w/ SP2 -- makes me laugh Brian Firefox 2 08-27-2004 02:41 AM
Don't Laugh Brat MCSE 2 11-26-2003 10:00 PM

Advertisments