Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Re: Buying a computer

Re: Buying a computer

Jonathan Roberts

rolltide3738 wrote:
> Should I buy a new computer with Windows XP and later get the upgrade to
> Vista, or should I wait until Windows Vista comes out a buy a computer that
> has it on it?

Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

JaR

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:

> Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

Agreed.

Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

--
JaR
MCNGP 22

CBIC

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:
>
>> Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

> Agreed.
>

> Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to keep
Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all, we owe our
jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth and upgrade.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the ether:
>>
>>> Buy now and don't upgrade to Vista. Seriously.

>> Agreed.
>>

>> Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

> Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to keep
> Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all, we owe
> our jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth and upgrade.

That was so well put.

catwalker63

"FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:53:46 -0600, Jonathan Roberts cast into the
>>> ether:

>>> Agreed.
>>>

>>> Upgrade to SuSE[0] instead.

>> Heathens. You will upgrade to Vista and you will like it. We need to
>> keep Uncle Bill in the life of luxury he is accustomed to. After all,
>> we owe our jobs and very lives to His Windowy Goodness. Now go forth
>> and upgrade.

> That was so well put.

Yes. Wrong, but well put.

I'm trying out SuSE, Fedora, and Solaris right now. We do folding@home
here and we need to replace some dead boxes and it's too expensive to
keep licensing 'doze for machines that are just folders.

--
Catwalker
aka Pu$$y Feet