Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Regarding Microsoft Certification

Reply
Thread Tools

Regarding Microsoft Certification

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?UmFtZXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2007
Hi,
I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
for me to take.
Thank you.
Ramesh
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
WishMaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2007
On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> for me to take.
> Thank you.
> Ramesh


Hi Ramesh:

I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
has changed the certification program (almost
totally).
On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
know I can give you more information.

Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
Technology
Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
and
if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
combination here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
default.mspx


Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.


I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
specific area, where you want to focus on.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Amer
MCSD.Net
ITIL Certified.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?UmFtZXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-31-2007
Thank you, I got it.
But It make take more time to go for .net 2.0, because I am working on
..net1.1 only. Can I have information on this also.
thank you.

"WishMaster" wrote:

> On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > for me to take.
> > Thank you.
> > Ramesh

>
> Hi Ramesh:
>
> I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> has changed the certification program (almost
> totally).
> On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
>
> If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> know I can give you more information.
>
> Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> Technology
> Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> and
> if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> combination here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> default.mspx
>
>
> Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.
>
>
> I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> specific area, where you want to focus on.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
> Amer
> MCSD.Net
> ITIL Certified.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
WishMaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
On Jan 31, 10:57 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thank you, I got it.
> But It make take more time to go for .net 2.0, because I am working on
> .net1.1 only. Can I have information on this also.
> thank you.
>
>
>
> "WishMaster" wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > > for me to take.
> > > Thank you.
> > > Ramesh

>
> > Hi Ramesh:

>
> > I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> > has changed the certification program (almost
> > totally).
> > On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

>
> > If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> > know I can give you more information.

>
> > Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> > Technology
> > Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> > Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> > and
> > if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> > combination here:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> > default.mspx

>
> > Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> > Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.

>
> > I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> > specific area, where you want to focus on.

>
> > Hope this helps!

>
> > Cheers,
> > Amer
> > MCSD.Net
> > ITIL Certified.- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Sure, I can send you more information in this regards if you just tell
me your intersts and work i.e.
1) What language you are using C# or VB.Net
2) What is your major interst i.e. Web Development or Windows
Developement
3) What you want to achive? I mean only MCP or MCAD or MCSD
4) Are you using SQL server with .Net 1.1?

Cheers,
Amer

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
I totally disagree with Amer / Wishmaster.

1. If you are only dealing with .NET Framework 1.1, don't take the 2.0 exams
yet. Why? Because a lot of the new exams' content is on the features that
are different than 1.1. If you do a search on msdn.microsoft.com for the
items mentioned in the "skills being measured" section of the Preparation
Guide website, you will see that this is true. I would suggest taking the
older exams, then take the upgrades for 2.0 after you spent some programming
time on Visual Studio 2005.

The only advantage to skipping the 1.1 exams for you would be if you have a
hard time with Windows development, since the MCSD/MCAD certifications
require that you pass both Windows and Web development exams (along with an
XML exam and a Windows Architecture exam for the MCSD) - the MCTS/MCPD exams
are more compartmentalized.

The other exception for skipping the MCSD/MCAD exams and going directly to
the 2.0 exams even though you don't have enough 2.0 experience (yet) would be
if you program exclusively in C++, since there is no 70-3x5/70-3x6 for C++.

2. If (when) you do go the 2.0 route, start with 528 before 536. Why?
Because 528 earns you a Microsoft Certified Professional designation. Taking
536 by itself earns you nothing. Amer is right that passing both will give
you a MCTS: Web Applications, however.

If I were in your shoes, assuming I knew Windows development as well as
ASP.NET (and C# was my language), I would take the exams in this order:
70-315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
[Now you are an MCP]
70-320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
70-229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition
[Now you have your MCAD]
70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures for
Microsoft .NET
[Now you have your MCSD]
70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition
[Now you have your MCDBA]

That should give you enough initials after your name to impress anyone
(hopefully including your future employers).

Of course, you should be doing your own research on the various exams and
decide for yourself what is best order for you. Look over the "skills being
measured" section of the Preparation Guides and take the exam that you think
you are most likely to pass first -- it will build up your confidence to take
the harder exams later.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
--
Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS


"WishMaster" wrote:

> On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > for me to take.
> > Thank you.
> > Ramesh

>
> Hi Ramesh:
>
> I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> has changed the certification program (almost
> totally).
> On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
>
> If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> know I can give you more information.
>
> Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> Technology
> Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> and
> if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> combination here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> default.mspx
>
>
> Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.
>
>
> I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> specific area, where you want to focus on.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers,
> Amer
> MCSD.Net
> ITIL Certified.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
WishMaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-01-2007
On Feb 2, 12:06 am, LarryWestMCSD <LarryWest-at-hotmail-dot-com>
wrote:
> I totally disagree with Amer / Wishmaster.
>
> 1. If you are only dealing with .NET Framework 1.1, don't take the 2.0 exams
> yet. Why? Because a lot of the new exams' content is on the features that
> are different than 1.1. If you do a search on msdn.microsoft.com for the
> items mentioned in the "skills being measured" section of the Preparation
> Guide website, you will see that this is true. I would suggest taking the
> older exams, then take the upgrades for 2.0 after you spent some programming
> time on Visual Studio 2005.
>
> The only advantage to skipping the 1.1 exams for you would be if you have a
> hard time with Windows development, since the MCSD/MCAD certifications
> require that you pass both Windows and Web development exams (along with an
> XML exam and a Windows Architecture exam for the MCSD) - the MCTS/MCPD exams
> are more compartmentalized.
>
> The other exception for skipping the MCSD/MCAD exams and going directly to
> the 2.0 exams even though you don't have enough 2.0 experience (yet) would be
> if you program exclusively in C++, since there is no 70-3x5/70-3x6 for C++.
>
> 2. If (when) you do go the 2.0 route, start with 528 before 536. Why?
> Because 528 earns you a Microsoft Certified Professional designation. Taking
> 536 by itself earns you nothing. Amer is right that passing both will give
> you a MCTS: Web Applications, however.
>
> If I were in your shoes, assuming I knew Windows development as well as
> ASP.NET (and C# was my language), I would take the exams in this order:
> 70-315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual
> C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> [Now you are an MCP]
> 70-320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft
> Visual C# .NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework
> 70-229: Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> Enterprise Edition
> [Now you have your MCAD]
> 70-316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
> Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
> 70-300: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures for
> Microsoft .NET
> [Now you have your MCSD]
> 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> Enterprise Edition
> [Now you have your MCDBA]
>
> That should give you enough initials after your name to impress anyone
> (hopefully including your future employers).
>
> Of course, you should be doing your own research on the various exams and
> decide for yourself what is best order for you. Look over the "skills being
> measured" section of the Preparation Guides and take the exam that you think
> you are most likely to pass first -- it will build up your confidence to take
> the harder exams later.
>
> Good luck in whatever you decide.
> --
> Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
>
>
>
> "WishMaster" wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > > for me to take.
> > > Thank you.
> > > Ramesh

>
> > Hi Ramesh:

>
> > I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> > has changed the certification program (almost
> > totally).
> > On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

>
> > If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> > know I can give you more information.

>
> > Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> > Technology
> > Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> > Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> > and
> > if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> > combination here:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> > default.mspx

>
> > Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> > Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.

>
> > I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> > specific area, where you want to focus on.

>
> > Hope this helps!

>
> > Cheers,
> > Amer
> > MCSD.Net
> > ITIL Certified.- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Hi,

Well everybody have their own views and it is ok to disagree.

The way I look at this thing, based few elements.

1) I won't recommend new path if somebody is working on VB6 or same
age of technologies. If you look at difference between 1.1 and 2.0, it
is a version change not a major technology change. Microsoft improved
and added thing in 2.0 but not changed the whole technology. I worked
on 1.1 for 2 years and working on 2.0 for last one year (almost).
2) Lot of companies are moving to 2.0 or even 3.0. There are no big
issues/limitation to use different version on same developer machine
and even you can run 1.1 and 2.0 on same server in production and
works very well. (even 3.0 btw)
3) I look at certification as a learning opportunity as well rather
than just get a label.
4) Certification doesn't mean you are expert but you know the all
element in the specific area and you still need to get experience to
implement that.
5) There are more...


Now having these things in mind and looking at the market demand, I
don't think, certificated for 1.1 first and then re-certified for 2.0.
I know there are two exams to upgrade the MCSD.Net. In next 1 or 2
years, .net 1.1 would be a history. Especially after .net 3.0 features
WWF, WCP and WPF.

If you look at, how prominent you will be after certification. There
20,582 MCSD worldwide and how many are MCTS/MCPD? Not sure about MCPD
but I am sure number will be a lot less than MCSD.Net. I am working
as .Net Architect and involved in future technical direction for
company (based on market demand) and I would go with guy who is more
uptodate skills.

Last note, it doesn't mean MCSD.Net (1.1) is totally wrong. But how
much more effort you are going to put in MCPD and what you going to
get. You will be more uptodate with technology and more prominent if
you have MCPD rather than MCSD.Net

*Again these are my recommendation based on my background and not
necessarily it will fit in your situation.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Amer
MCSD.Net


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?UmFtZXNo?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-02-2007
Hi,
Thank you for giving me information. I an now currently working on .net 1.1,
c#, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000 professional.

Thank you.

"WishMaster" wrote:

> On Jan 31, 10:57 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Thank you, I got it.
> > But It make take more time to go for .net 2.0, because I am working on
> > .net1.1 only. Can I have information on this also.
> > thank you.
> >
> >
> >
> > "WishMaster" wrote:
> > > On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > > Hi,
> > > > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > > > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > > > for me to take.
> > > > Thank you.
> > > > Ramesh

> >
> > > Hi Ramesh:

> >
> > > I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> > > has changed the certification program (almost
> > > totally).
> > > On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> > >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

> >
> > > If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> > > know I can give you more information.

> >
> > > Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> > > Technology
> > > Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> > > Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> > > and
> > > if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> > > combination here:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> > > default.mspx

> >
> > > Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> > > Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.

> >
> > > I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> > > specific area, where you want to focus on.

> >
> > > Hope this helps!

> >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Amer
> > > MCSD.Net
> > > ITIL Certified.- Hide quoted text -

> >
> > - Show quoted text -

>
> Sure, I can send you more information in this regards if you just tell
> me your intersts and work i.e.
> 1) What language you are using C# or VB.Net
> 2) What is your major interst i.e. Web Development or Windows
> Developement
> 3) What you want to achive? I mean only MCP or MCAD or MCSD
> 4) Are you using SQL server with .Net 1.1?
>
> Cheers,
> Amer
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
WishMaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-02-2007
On Feb 2, 3:17 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for giving me information. I an now currently working on .net 1.1,
> c#, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000 professional.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
>
> "WishMaster" wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 10:57 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Thank you, I got it.
> > > But It make take more time to go for .net 2.0, because I am working on
> > > .net1.1 only. Can I have information on this also.
> > > thank you.

>
> > > "WishMaster" wrote:
> > > > On Jan 31, 3:20 pm, Ramesh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > I am currently working n asp.net 1.1 and sql server 2000. I want to take
> > > > > Microsoft certification examination. Anyone can suggest which is better one
> > > > > for me to take.
> > > > > Thank you.
> > > > > Ramesh

>
> > > > Hi Ramesh:

>
> > > > I would recomend you for .Net 2.0 exams because recently, Microsoft
> > > > has changed the certification program (almost
> > > > totally).
> > > > On general information about the MS certification you can find here.
> > > >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

>
> > > > If you are still want to follow the old path of certification, let me
> > > > know I can give you more information.

>
> > > > Now where to start for new path, I would suggest "Microsoft Certified
> > > > Technology
> > > > Specialist (MCTS)" and more specifically exam Exam 70-536 and then
> > > > Exam 70-528, IF you have interest in web development using c# etc.
> > > > and
> > > > if you want to focus on some other MCTS areas then you can find eight
> > > > combination here:http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/
> > > > default.mspx

>
> > > > Once you done with MCTS then you can move forward to "Microsoft
> > > > Certifications for IT Professionals" depending on your interest.

>
> > > > I like the new structure for certification as you can focus on
> > > > specific area, where you want to focus on.

>
> > > > Hope this helps!

>
> > > > Cheers,
> > > > Amer
> > > > MCSD.Net
> > > > ITIL Certified.- Hide quoted text -

>
> > > - Show quoted text -

>
> > Sure, I can send you more information in this regards if you just tell
> > me your intersts and work i.e.
> > 1) What language you are using C# or VB.Net
> > 2) What is your major interst i.e. Web Development or Windows
> > Developement
> > 3) What you want to achive? I mean only MCP or MCAD or MCSD
> > 4) Are you using SQL server with .Net 1.1?

>
> > Cheers,
> > Amer- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


As Larry has answered it before.

According to your development area, you need to pass 5 exams to get
MCSD.Net.

70-315 -- After passing this exam, you will be MCP here
70-320
70-229 -- After passing this exam, you will be MCAD here
70-316
70-300 -- After passing this exam, you will be MCSD.Net here

You can find more information on same thing http://www.microsoft.com/
learning/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.mspx
Cheers,
Amer

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSE 4 11-15-2006 02:40 AM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCSD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola MCAD 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM



Advertisments