Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > visual studio 2005 installation

visual studio 2005 installation

Ganesh

I've xp home edition and .net 2.0 visual web developer, I installed visual
studio 2005 only visual c# and visual web developer.

After install i don't see asp.net application icon in that, Do i need to do
anything

Thanks
Ganesh

Try File, New Web Site

--
Carsten Thomsen
Senior .NET Solutions Architect / Developer / Author
"Ganesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've xp home edition and .net 2.0 visual web developer, I installed visual
> studio 2005 only visual c# and visual web developer.
>
> After install i don't see asp.net application icon in that, Do i need to
> do anything
>
> Thanks
> Ganesh

Kishor

Dear Ganesh,
I think IIS is required to work with ASP.Net and home edition doesn't
allow us to install IIS on it.
So, for that reason ....you don't see the icon

Kishor

On Feb 20, 12:44 am, "Ganesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've xp home edition and .net 2.0 visual web developer, I installed visual
> studio 2005 only visual c# and visual web developer.
>
> After install i don't see asp.net application icon in that, Do i need to do
> anything
>
> Thanks
> Ganesh

Scott M.

Yes, that's right. XP Home does not come with, not does is allow for the
installation of, IIS.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...