Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox not updating extensions

Firefox not updating extensions

History Fan

I'm using FF 2.0.0.1 on my XP SP2 computer. DSL connection.

I have several extensions installed, and have noticed that Firefox is
not asking me to install new versions of them when I launch the browser.
For the past three days, there have been updates to 4 extensions that I use.
I know this by going to Tools, Options, Advanced, Update tab.
"Automatically check for updates to Installed Add-ons" is checked, as is
"Automatically download and install the update".

Any ideas why Firefox is not asking me to install these updates?

History Fan

> I know this by going to Tools, Options, Advanced, Update tab.

Sorry. Wrong path. I know there are new versions of extensions I use
by following this path: Tools, Add-ons, Updates tab.

On Feb 16, 2:47 pm, "History Fan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> > I know this by going to Tools, Options, Advanced, Update tab.

> Sorry. Wrong path. I know there are new versions of extensions I use
> by following this path: Tools, Add-ons, Updates tab.

maybe its because the update hasn't reached the updates yet. Its like
Firefox 1.5.x hasn't reached the update stage for 2.x yet.

History Fan

> maybe its because the update hasn't reached the updates yet. Its like
> Firefox 1.5.x hasn't reached the update stage for 2.x yet.

I went ahead and manually installed the updates this morning.