Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Migration Outlook Express to Thunderbird (mac os x)

Migration Outlook Express to Thunderbird (mac os x)

John Stolz

I having difficulty with this and have spent two days on it so far. I
want to move from OLE on XP to TB on a mac.
The most successful route so far seems to be: I installed TB on the XP
and successfully imported at the first start of TB. I've moved the
inbox and sent-mail files to the mac and put them in the profile/mail
directory, but TB doesn't see them. the is no import filter for TB
(mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.

Can somebody give me a clue?
Thanx in advance

Moz Champion (Dan)

John Stolz wrote:
> I having difficulty with this and have spent two days on it so far. I
> want to move from OLE on XP to TB on a mac.
> The most successful route so far seems to be: I installed TB on the XP
> and successfully imported at the first start of TB. I've moved the
> inbox and sent-mail files to the mac and put them in the profile/mail
> directory, but TB doesn't see them. the is no import filter for TB
> (mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.
>
> Can somebody give me a clue?
> Thanx in advance

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/30023

The user here moved files using Thunderbird and then on to Entourage on
the Mac, just dont go that far <g>

http://pixelspread.com/site/journal/...erbird-to-mail
http://www.comeacross.info/2006/05/2...pc-to-the-mac/
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...50715092018256

this one too has you moving it on from Thunderbird, just dont go that far

John Stolz

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> John Stolz wrote:
>> I having difficulty with this and have spent two days on it so far. I
>> want to move from OLE on XP to TB on a mac.
>> The most successful route so far seems to be: I installed TB on the XP
>> and successfully imported at the first start of TB. I've moved the
>> inbox and sent-mail files to the mac and put them in the profile/mail
>> directory, but TB doesn't see them. the is no import filter for TB
>> (mbox files I presume) and neither of the other filters see the files.
>>
>> Can somebody give me a clue?
>> Thanx in advance

> http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/30023
>
> The user here moved files using Thunderbird and then on to Entourage on
> the Mac, just dont go that far <g>
>
> http://pixelspread.com/site/journal/...erbird-to-mail
> http://www.comeacross.info/2006/05/2...pc-to-the-mac/
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...50715092018256
>
> this one too has you moving it on from Thunderbird, just dont go that far

Many thanks for that - changing the file extensions to .mbox let them
appear in TB and I then allowed TB to do the indexing and I copied the
messages to the inbox and sent items boxes - everything is hunky dory

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

PS I was arguing with someone recently over open source vs windows - my
point was that you get better support from OS than MS and I still think
that's true