Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Page preview with Firefox?

Page preview with Firefox?

Is there a Firefox extension that lets you preview web pages by hovering the
cursor over links? I think this is possible and i have seen it
somewhere...but i'm not sure.

Cheers.

Q.

Ed Mullen

Q wrote:
> Is there a Firefox extension that lets you preview web pages by hovering the
> cursor over links? I think this is possible and i have seen it
> somewhere...but i'm not sure.

I don't know if there is an extension to do that. But, I wonder why you
would. A preview requires downloading the entire page anyway. Just
open the link a new tab. Save thing only better.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Q wrote:
> > Is there a Firefox extension that lets you preview web pages by hovering

the
> > cursor over links? I think this is possible and i have seen it
> > somewhere...but i'm not sure.

> I don't know if there is an extension to do that. But, I wonder why you
> would. A preview requires downloading the entire page anyway. Just
> open the link a new tab. Save thing only better.

I found cooliris. Its brilliant and does exactly what i want. I don't have
to click back/forward or open and close new tabs. Just hover and the page
appears, move the cursor away and its gone. Fab.

Q.

Tony Raven

Q wrote on 11/02/2007 23:18 +0100:

> I found cooliris. Its brilliant and does exactly what i want. I don't have
> to click back/forward or open and close new tabs. Just hover and the page
> appears, move the cursor away and its gone. Fab.

If its just tabs you want to preview, I switched from CoolIris to Tab
Preview which works better IMO

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Tony Raven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Q wrote on 11/02/2007 23:18 +0100:
> >
> > I found cooliris. Its brilliant and does exactly what i want. I don't

have
> > to click back/forward or open and close new tabs. Just hover and the

page
> > appears, move the cursor away and its gone. Fab.
> >

> If its just tabs you want to preview, I switched from CoolIris to Tab
> Preview which works better IMO

I just had a look at tab preview and it looks handy. But i was looking to
preview links on say a google search page without having to open all the
pages separately. Cooliris also grabs images off google thumbnail image
pages with just a hover. So it suits me down to the ground. Anyway, thanks
for your comment.

Q.

try: http://ackroyd.de/googlepreview/