Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > New Install of Firefox

New Install of Firefox

Bishoop

I just installed FF 2.0.0.1 on a new PC. I have all the files from
Mozilla/FF available from the old PC.

Which files/folders do I move from the old setup to the new one? Should I
move the files before install FF or after?

With new FF install tabbed browsing seems to be broken. I have tab option
enabled to "New pages should be opened in: a new tab.

They keep opening in the same tab.

Thanks for any help.

The Chief Instigator

"Bishoop" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>I just installed FF 2.0.0.1 on a new PC. I have all the files from
>Mozilla/FF available from the old PC.

>Which files/folders do I move from the old setup to the new one? Should I
>move the files before install FF or after?

>With new FF install tabbed browsing seems to be broken. I have tab option
>enabled to "New pages should be opened in: a new tab.

>They keep opening in the same tab.

I've got a similar problem: my 2.0.0.1 should reload the current page being
displayed, but no matter what I'm viewing when I hit that button, it returns
to my home URL...

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ((E-Mail Removed)) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (TCI's 2006-07 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Ed Mullen

Bishoop wrote:
> I just installed FF 2.0.0.1 on a new PC. I have all the files from
> Mozilla/FF available from the old PC.
>
> Which files/folders do I move from the old setup to the new one? Should I
> move the files before install FF or after?
>
> With new FF install tabbed browsing seems to be broken. I have tab option
> enabled to "New pages should be opened in: a new tab.
>
> They keep opening in the same tab.

If you had extensions installed that affected tab browsing that could be
the problem. You may need to install them on the new computer.

For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For
creating, moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Bishoop

"Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Bishoop wrote:
>> I just installed FF 2.0.0.1 on a new PC. I have all the files from
>> Mozilla/FF available from the old PC.
>>
>> Which files/folders do I move from the old setup to the new one? Should I
>> move the files before install FF or after?
>>
>> With new FF install tabbed browsing seems to be broken. I have tab
>> option enabled to "New pages should be opened in: a new tab.
>>
>> They keep opening in the same tab.

> If you had extensions installed that affected tab browsing that could be
> the problem. You may need to install them on the new computer.
>
> For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For creating,
> moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:
>
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
> http://abington.edmullen.net
> A lady friend of mine told me that at her age she has found that going
> bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of her face.

What I found out is, it does work with mouse wheel button clicking. On my
last installation I had left button capability and for the life of me cannot
remember what I did to achieve that.

I have lost all my bookmarks from the old install. What I did was copy all
the Moz/FF file from the old installation on another machine and pasted them
to the new machine after installing FF 2.0.0.2.

What is the proper way to do it?

Thanks for your help.

Ed Mullen

Bishoop wrote:
> "Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Bishoop wrote:
>>> I just installed FF 2.0.0.1 on a new PC. I have all the files from
>>> Mozilla/FF available from the old PC.
>>>
>>> Which files/folders do I move from the old setup to the new one? Should I
>>> move the files before install FF or after?
>>>
>>> With new FF install tabbed browsing seems to be broken. I have tab
>>> option enabled to "New pages should be opened in: a new tab.
>>>
>>> They keep opening in the same tab.

>> If you had extensions installed that affected tab browsing that could be
>> the problem. You may need to install them on the new computer.
>>
>> For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For creating,
>> moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:
>>
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>>
>> --
>> Ed Mullen
>> http://edmullen.net
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
>> http://abington.edmullen.net
>> A lady friend of mine told me that at her age she has found that going
>> bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of her face.

> What I found out is, it does work with mouse wheel button clicking. On my
> last installation I had left button capability and for the life of me cannot
> remember what I did to achieve that.
>
> I have lost all my bookmarks from the old install. What I did was copy all
> the Moz/FF file from the old installation on another machine and pasted them
> to the new machine after installing FF 2.0.0.2.
>
> What is the proper way to do it?

One more time (as above):

For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For
creating, moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:

http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html

The info is in those referenced links. No point in re-printing it all
here. Hence, the links.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

>>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
>>> http://abington.edmullen.net
>>> A lady friend of mine told me that at her age she has found that going
>>> bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of her face.

>> What I found out is, it does work with mouse wheel button clicking. On
>> my last installation I had left button capability and for the life of me
>> cannot remember what I did to achieve that.
>>
>> I have lost all my bookmarks from the old install. What I did was copy
>> all the Moz/FF file from the old installation on another machine and
>> pasted them to the new machine after installing FF 2.0.0.2.
>>
>> What is the proper way to do it?

> One more time (as above):
>
> For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For creating,
> moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:
>
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>
> The info is in those referenced links. No point in re-printing it all
> here. Hence, the links.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
> http://abington.edmullen.net
> Just before someone gets nervous, do they experience cocoons in their
> stomach?

Got it done. Thanks for the help and patience.

Ed Mullen

Bishoop wrote:
> "Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Bishoop wrote:
>>> "Ed Mullen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> What I found out is, it does work with mouse wheel button clicking. On
>>> my last installation I had left button capability and for the life of me
>>> cannot remember what I did to achieve that.
>>>
>>> I have lost all my bookmarks from the old install. What I did was copy
>>> all the Moz/FF file from the old installation on another machine and
>>> pasted them to the new machine after installing FF 2.0.0.2.
>>>
>>> What is the proper way to do it?

>> One more time (as above):
>>
>> For xfer of profiles see the links under the section titled "For creating,
>> moving, and transferring profiles" on this page:
>>
>> http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_profile.html
>>
>> The info is in those referenced links. No point in re-printing it all
>> here. Hence, the links.
>>

> Got it done. Thanks for the help and patience.

HTH.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net