Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Zooming in/out of images using FF 2.0.0.1

Zooming in/out of images using FF 2.0.0.1

Jackson

I have Firefox 2.0.0.1 on a desktop with 98SE and also on a laptop
with XPHE.

When viewing an image (comic strip) if I right click while holding
down the Ctrl key I get a menu of context processes. The menu on the
98 desktop offers (among several other things) an option to zoom in or
zoom out of the image. The menu on the XP laptop omits this valuable
process.

How can I get the zoom feature on the laptop?

Thanks

Ed Mullen

Jackson wrote:
> I have Firefox 2.0.0.1 on a desktop with 98SE and also on a laptop
> with XPHE.
>
> When viewing an image (comic strip) if I right click while holding
> down the Ctrl key I get a menu of context processes. The menu on the
> 98 desktop offers (among several other things) an option to zoom in or
> zoom out of the image. The menu on the XP laptop omits this valuable
> process.
>
> How can I get the zoom feature on the laptop?
>
> Thanks

Not happening here. I suspect you have an extension installed on the
desktop machine that is doing this. Could be wrong though.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Jackson

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:27:52 -0500, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jackson wrote:
>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.1 on a desktop with 98SE and also on a laptop
>> with XPHE.
>>
>> When viewing an image (comic strip) if I right click while holding
>> down the Ctrl key I get a menu of context processes. The menu on the
>> 98 desktop offers (among several other things) an option to zoom in or
>> zoom out of the image. The menu on the XP laptop omits this valuable
>> process.
>>
>> How can I get the zoom feature on the laptop?
>>
>> Thanks

>Not happening here. I suspect you have an extension installed on the
>desktop machine that is doing this. Could be wrong though.

You're right Ed! It's listed in Firefox's add-ons and it's called
Image Zoom. It comes in handy if the dialog baloons are small and
hard to read. Thanks for the hint.

Ed Mullen

Jackson wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:27:52 -0500, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Jackson wrote:
>>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.1 on a desktop with 98SE and also on a laptop
>>> with XPHE.
>>>
>>> When viewing an image (comic strip) if I right click while holding
>>> down the Ctrl key I get a menu of context processes. The menu on the
>>> 98 desktop offers (among several other things) an option to zoom in or
>>> zoom out of the image. The menu on the XP laptop omits this valuable
>>> process.
>>>
>>> How can I get the zoom feature on the laptop?
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Not happening here. I suspect you have an extension installed on the
>> desktop machine that is doing this. Could be wrong though.

> You're right Ed! It's listed in Firefox's add-ons and it's called
> Image Zoom. It comes in handy if the dialog baloons are small and
> hard to read. Thanks for the hint.

Whew! Shootin' in the dark there on that one. Glad it pointed you
toward an answer.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net