Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Spybot - Seach and Destroy

Spybot - Seach and Destroy

cag

Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
Should I do anything about it?

Regards,
Charlie

cag wrote:
> Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
> Should I do anything about it?
>
> Regards,
> Charlie

that depends on where SB found them. In cookies? If so, then they are
tracking cookies sent out by the websites you visit.

SteveG

cag wrote:
> Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
> Should I do anything about it?
>
> Regards,
> Charlie

Have you used the "immunize" function in Spybot? This should prevent it
from happening again. You can also add them to your cookies exclusion
list in Firefox.

HTH

--
Regards

Steve G

Canopus

SteveG scribed in message
<UNRqh.31466$(E-Mail Removed) > at 20:49:56 15/01/2007

>cag wrote:
>>Every time Spybot runs, it shows MediaPlex and Statcounter. Why is that?
>>Should I do anything about it?
>>
>>Regards,
>>Charlie

>Have you used the "immunize" function in Spybot? This should prevent it
>from happening again. You can also add them to your cookies exclusion list
>in Firefox.
>
>HTH

SpyBot will immunise IE, but, not FF. Running SpyBot will highlight in
red any nasty tracking cookies and then in FF go Tools > Options > Privacy

--
Rob

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/