Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Suppressing a thread

Suppressing a thread

Stubby

Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4

I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

Miller

*Stubby* wrote on 03.01.07 22:52:
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
>
> I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
> to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
> thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
> ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
> the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

Maybe this might be useful for you:
http://allhotkeys.com/mozilla_thunderbird_hotkeys.html

You can also define or alter your own keyboard shortcuts
with keyconfig-extension:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

HTH, M.

Moz Champion (Dan)

Stubby wrote:
> Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
>
> I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
> to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
> thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
> ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
> the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

Use the Mark button, or the relative keys, or select from the Message menu

Mark
Mark message read M
Mark thread as read R

To ignore a thread use K

The menu commands are available in the Message menu (context sensitive)

So, to mark the current message as read, hit the Mark button or the M key
to mark the whole thread as read, select it from the menu or hit R
to mark a thread read and never see replies for it, select ignore from
the menu or hit K

Stubby

Miller wrote:
> *Stubby* wrote on 03.01.07 22:52:
>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on Win2kP SP4
>>
>> I need practical assistance with editing keys. Sometimes I just want
>> to mark the current message a read, sometimes I want to mark the whole
>> thread as read. Other times I want to mark a thread as read and I'm not
>> ever interested in future messages on it. Which does "k" do? What are
>> the context-menu commands for these functions? TIA

> Maybe this might be useful for you:
> http://allhotkeys.com/mozilla_thunderbird_hotkeys.html
>
> You can also define or alter your own keyboard shortcuts
> with keyconfig-extension:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

I'll take a look at it; however, I'm not interested in changing the
default keys, but rather, know what keys do common functions.

Stubby

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> So, to mark the current message as read, hit the Mark button or the M key
> to mark the whole thread as read, select it from the menu or hit R
> to mark a thread read and never see replies for it, select ignore from
> the menu or hit K

Thanks. I'll try it.