Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > A bit of a Brain Fart.

A bit of a Brain Fart.

Aido

I've forgotten how to create a shortcut to a webpage, eg: Shortcut to a
weather site.

Thanks.
Aido. >

FF ver 2.

C.R.

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 06:36:34 GMT, Aido <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've forgotten how to create a shortcut to a webpage, eg: Shortcut to a
>weather site.

You can either click "Bookmarks" at the top and just select "Bookmark
this page," or you can put it on your favorites bar so you just have
to 1-click it to go there. That's done by going to the site first.
Then once the page is loaded, left click the icon to the left of the
URL in the box where you typed it in to go to it, and drag that icon
for the site down to the favorites bar. You can move those back and
forth to put them in the order you want them. If you add too many and
they spill off the screen, there's still a >> symbol over on the far
right that will get you to the extras. If you want to pull one of
those back to the left on the bar, just left click and drag it to
where you want it to go and everthing to the right will shift over to
the right one block.

You can get more sites on the bar by simply shortening down the names
of the sites, too. Just right click any item on the favorites bar,
choose "Properties" at the bottom of the dropdown list, and change the
name to anything you want it to be. My "weather" site is just an icon
with "wx" next to it, and I use other abbreviations for other sites so
more will fit on the visible portion of the favorites bar. If you let
the default page name show up on the bar, you'll run out of room fast
and most of your favorite sites will spill off the right end of the
bar.

C.R.