Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 2.x themes

Firefox 2.x themes

Manatee Memories

Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
theme.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
the desired them may be downloaded?

Thanx

--

Showering in your clothes shows you're crazy.
Showering nude shows your nuts.

B. Peg

I like the Noia eXtreme one: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4266778/

Version 3.36

B~

Leonidas Jones

Manatee Memories wrote:
> Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
> put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
> theme.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
> Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
> the desired them may be downloaded?
>
> Thanx

There is no way to revert to the default theme for 1.5 in 2.0, unless
someone makes a 3rd party theme to emulate it. I do not of anyone who
has done so.

I use the Aluminum Alloy theme by Sailfish:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3637/

His Sky Pilot is also quite popular. I use in on SeaMonkey.

Lee

Rom

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:38:39 GMT, Manatee Memories wrote:

> Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
> put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
> theme.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
> Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
> the desired them may be downloaded?

Try Winestripe - the default 1.5 theme for 2.0-2.0.0.x
<https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3479/>
<http://cdburnerxp.se/winestripe/>

--
Rom

Manatee Memories

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:17:15 +1100, Rom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, in
alt.fan.mozilla:

>On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:38:39 GMT, Manatee Memories wrote:
>
>> Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
>> put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
>> theme.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
>> Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
>> the desired them may be downloaded?

>Try Winestripe - the default 1.5 theme for 2.0-2.0.0.x
><https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3479/>
><http://cdburnerxp.se/winestripe/>

Got it; thanx

--

The price of freedom is eternal litigation.

Manatee Memories

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:21:17 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
in alt.fan.mozilla:

>Manatee Memories wrote:
>> Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
>> put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
>> theme.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
>> Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
>> the desired them may be downloaded?
>>
>> Thanx
>>

>There is no way to revert to the default theme for 1.5 in 2.0, unless
>someone makes a 3rd party theme to emulate it. I do not of anyone who
>has done so.
>
>I use the Aluminum Alloy theme by Sailfish:
>
>https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3637/
>
>His Sky Pilot is also quite popular. I use in on SeaMonkey.

Thank you kindly. On a sidenote (the theme issue pales in comparison, at
least over here), might there be something both stable & comparible to
Tabbrowser Extensions, which'll both function in F-F 2.0.0.1, and have
some capability of editing any (loaded) particular tab's text (for
instance, a page off of CNN.com).

If there is any 1 way in the 1.5.x.x branch lords it over 2.x.x.x, then
it's in the tab-edit area. Am seriously considering regressing to
1.5.x.x if that little item is not manageable in 2.x.

P.S. Tab Mix does not allow editing of tab labels.

--

Manatee Memories wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 02:21:17 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
> in alt.fan.mozilla:
>
>> Manatee Memories wrote:
>>> Okay; F-F 1.5.x themes. I just installed 2.0.0.1, and am somewhat
>>> put-off by its' appearance; would much-rather be seeing the earlier
>>> theme.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, I have no idea what the Std theme-name was for v1.5.x.
>>> Might anybody hereabouts know, and/or be able to point me towards where
>>> the desired them may be downloaded?
>>>
>>> Thanx
>>>

>> There is no way to revert to the default theme for 1.5 in 2.0, unless
>> someone makes a 3rd party theme to emulate it. I do not of anyone who
>> has done so.
>>
>> I use the Aluminum Alloy theme by Sailfish:
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3637/
>>
>> His Sky Pilot is also quite popular. I use in on SeaMonkey.

> Thank you kindly. On a sidenote (the theme issue pales in comparison, at
> least over here), might there be something both stable & comparible to
> Tabbrowser Extensions, which'll both function in F-F 2.0.0.1, and have
> some capability of editing any (loaded) particular tab's text (for
> instance, a page off of CNN.com).
>
> If there is any 1 way in the 1.5.x.x branch lords it over 2.x.x.x, then
> it's in the tab-edit area. Am seriously considering regressing to
> 1.5.x.x if that little item is not manageable in 2.x.
>

> P.S. Tab Mix does not allow editing of tab labels.

I don't have an answer for this. Tab Mix Plus suits my needs perfectly.

You could search the addons.mozilla.org site for tab related extensions.

Piro seems to be working on a version for 2.0, according to his web
site, but it would not seem to be in the offing very soon.

Lee

Manatee Memories

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:01:10 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
in alt.fan.mozilla:

>Manatee Memories wrote:

snip

>> P.S. Tab Mix does not allow editing of tab labels.
>>

>I don't have an answer for this. Tab Mix Plus suits my needs perfectly.

Update: I browsed (read: "delved") around a bit more in TMP & found a
context-menu entry that would allow tab-text editing. So, now, all is
well. And yes; TBM does seem to take over & fulfill where TBE leaves
off

--

(Nietzsche: "God is dead." God: "Nietzsche is dead.")

Manatee Memories

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 19:51:48 GMT, Manatee Memories
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, in alt.fan.mozilla:

>On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:01:10 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>in alt.fan.mozilla:
>
>>Manatee Memories wrote:

>snip
>>>
>>> P.S. Tab Mix does not allow editing of tab labels.
>>>

>>I don't have an answer for this. Tab Mix Plus suits my needs perfectly.

>Update: I browsed (read: "delved") around a bit more in TMP & found a
>context-menu entry that would allow tab-text editing. So, now, all is
>well. And yes; TBM does seem to take over & fulfill where TBE leaves
>off

What was I thinking? Change "TBM" to "TMP".

--

We now return control of your television set to you. Until next time, in
the ...... ...... <g>

Leonidas Jones

Manatee Memories wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 19:51:48 GMT, Manatee Memories
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, in alt.fan.mozilla:
>
>> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:01:10 GMT, Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>> in alt.fan.mozilla:
>>
>>> Manatee Memories wrote:

>> snip
>>>>
>>> I don't have an answer for this. Tab Mix Plus suits my needs perfectly.

>> Update: I browsed (read: "delved") around a bit more in TMP & found a
>> context-menu entry that would allow tab-text editing. So, now, all is
>> well. And yes; TBM does seem to take over & fulfill where TBE leaves
>> off

> What was I thinking? Change "TBM" to "TMP".

The eye sees what it expects, I hadn't noticed the typo until you
mentioned it.

Merry Christmas!

Lee

Firefox Themes Brad Toy Firefox 11 01-24-2005 03:34 AM
Thunderbird themes won't install : "not compatible with Firefox" Z Firefox 4 01-08-2005 04:58 PM
Firefox themes download/install lynchknot Firefox 0 11-19-2004 10:22 PM
Error after updating Firefox themes and extensions Christine Marie Firefox 1 10-25-2004 11:07 PM
Firefox Themes James Hargraves Firefox 1 02-14-2004 05:36 PM

Advertisments