Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > problems with WDS 3com AP 7760

problems with WDS 3com AP 7760

Solli_76

goodmorning,

i have some problems with configuration with the AP specified in the
"oggect"

i have 2 AP and i would configure wds

i my old AP (always 3com) i have different MAC address for the LAN and
WIRELESS, however in these NEW AP, the MAC address of LAN and WIRELESS are
the same;
when i set the MAC addresses of the WDS station on overy new AP, the LAN go
on in LOOP

some solution ?

thank you

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I would like to help, but I never use 3Com, so I do not know what causes the
loop. May be the combo of old and new hardware. WDS is quite touchy, and
even if it is the same Brand it might be different chipset in different
models.
Since it is all 3Com they can not blame any one else , call their tech.
support.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...