Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unable to connect to wireless network

Unable to connect to wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?Q2xhaXJl?=

My computer was able to automatically connect to the internet until just
recently. I am trying to manually connect by doube clicking on my wireless
network. A request for the network key or WEP key pops up and it is already
populated but the results are
the same if I leave this as it is or re-enter it myself. When I press
connect, a window pops up saying waiting for network. This stays on the
screen for a while before going back to the screen that displays the
available wireless networks and never actually connects. No error messages
appear. I know the internet is working because another
computer is connnected right now without any problems. Please reply if you
have any clue what might be causing this.

Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

Hi Claire,

If you have a USB flash drive, I recommend going through the Wireless
Network Setup Wizard. You can still use it if you don't have a USB drive,
but you will have to print out the settings.

Use the instructions from this site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u..._05june13.mspx

On step 3, choose "manually assign a network key" instead of "automatically
assign...."

I hope this helps.

--
Greg Lindsay [MSFT]