Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP Lost ability to find a wireless network

XP Lost ability to find a wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGV6MjAwMA==?=

the vendor had to replace my defective hard drive and it came with Broadband
(?) software to find network connections. Because I could see both Broadband
and XP finding wireless networks, I went to add/remove softward and deleted
the Broadband. Now it appears that XP is not finding any networks. I have
no xp wireless icon, or a Wireless Network Connection listed under Control
Panel/Network Connections. Did I just royally screw up and what can I do??
Thank you.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I am sorry but I have No idea what it you removed is.
As well of what means for Network or Wireless you have on your computer Now.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"richez2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the vendor had to replace my defective hard drive and it came with
> Broadband
> (?) software to find network connections. Because I could see both
> Broadband
> and XP finding wireless networks, I went to add/remove softward and
> deleted
> the Broadband. Now it appears that XP is not finding any networks. I
> have
> no xp wireless icon, or a Wireless Network Connection listed under Control
> Panel/Network Connections. Did I just royally screw up and what can I
> do??
> Thank you.

Ted

"richez2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> the vendor had to replace my defective hard drive and it came with
> Broadband
> (?) software to find network connections. Because I could see both
> Broadband
> and XP finding wireless networks, I went to add/remove softward and
> deleted
> the Broadband. Now it appears that XP is not finding any networks. I
> have
> no xp wireless icon, or a Wireless Network Connection listed under Control
> Panel/Network Connections. Did I just royally screw up and what can I
> do??
> Thank you.

I'm guessing that the Broadband software shut off Wireless Zero
Configuration. Go to Start, Run and type in "services.msc" Then make sure
WZC is Started and set to Automatic.
Ted

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGV6MjAwMA==?=

Apparently we deleted the driver for our network card. Any idea how to
reinstall it. The "Found New Hardware" identifies it, but the Hardward
Wizard cannot find it.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> I am sorry but I have No idea what it you removed is.
> As well of what means for Network or Wireless you have on your computer Now.
> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "richez2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > the vendor had to replace my defective hard drive and it came with
> > Broadband
> > (?) software to find network connections. Because I could see both
> > Broadband
> > and XP finding wireless networks, I went to add/remove softward and
> > deleted
> > the Broadband. Now it appears that XP is not finding any networks. I
> > have
> > no xp wireless icon, or a Wireless Network Connection listed under Control
> > Panel/Network Connections. Did I just royally screw up and what can I
> > do??
> > Thank you.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Log to the Laptop's manufacturer support site. Look for the support of your
model.
In most case there are drivers available for download.
Do not forget to delete the Ghost before you install the new drivers,
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost