Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Monitor Files Transfer

Monitor Files Transfer

Oliver

Does anyone has any experience on monitoring files transfered to a
wireless devices attached to a usb port? Can someone shared their
experience or provide guidance? Is it possible at all.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You have to elaborate and explain your specific need otherwise it is not
possible to give a focused answer.
Wireless is just a replacement to a wire and whether it is USB or other
method the Network per-se works the same as with a wire.
File exchange can be done through means like ftp server that can keep a log
of the files that are uploaded, and downloaded.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
> Hi
> You have to elaborate and explain your specific need otherwise it is not
> possible to give a focused answer.
> Wireless is just a replacement to a wire and whether it is USB or other
> method the Network per-se works the same as with a wire.
> File exchange can be done through means like ftp server that can keep a log
> of the files that are uploaded, and downloaded.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone has any experience on monitoring files transfered to a
>> wireless devices attached to a usb port? Can someone shared their
>> experience or provide guidance? Is it possible at all.

Hi,
Thanks for taking time to respond. In fact, i plan to write a software
which monitors files that which are being copy out from the PC (Windows
XP) to any attached wireless devices. I am more concerned with files
that are copied out of the PC, for security reasons. So far, I can only
managed to tracked files copied to a directory but not to wireless
devices using the ReadDirectoryChangesW api.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Read directory is a straight forward action since that is what done in a
directory, files are written and being read.
Howvever files are not written and read to a Wireless Network card, the card
transfers traffic, the traffic can be sniffed and analyzed.
http://www.networkchemistry.com/products/packetyzer.php

Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
> Hi
> Read directory is a straight forward action since that is what done in a
> directory, files are written and being read.
> Howvever files are not written and read to a Wireless Network card, the card
> transfers traffic, the traffic can be sniffed and analyzed.
> http://www.networkchemistry.com/products/packetyzer.php
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> You have to elaborate and explain your specific need otherwise it is not
>>> possible to give a focused answer.
>>> Wireless is just a replacement to a wire and whether it is USB or other
>>> method the Network per-se works the same as with a wire.
>>> File exchange can be done through means like ftp server that can keep a
>>> log of the files that are uploaded, and downloaded.
>>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>>
>>> "Oliver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>> Hi,
>> Thanks for taking time to respond. In fact, i plan to write a software
>> which monitors files that which are being copy out from the PC (Windows
>> XP) to any attached wireless devices. I am more concerned with files that
>> are copied out of the PC, for security reasons. So far, I can only managed
>> to tracked files copied to a directory but not to wireless devices using
>> the ReadDirectoryChangesW api.

By the way, the wireless device is attach to a usb port.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

Maybe you want to check for existing, proven info security solutions.
Anything we can quickly hack in our kitchen, usually is too naive and won't
work as expected.

Regards,
--PA