Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Unable to disable my wireless connection

Unable to disable my wireless connection

techman41973@yahoo.com

When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
taskbar icon.
I would appreciate any support. Thanks

Error Disabling Connection
It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
connection may be using one
or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have
been
intitiated by another user or the system account.

When I click advanced settings, this is what is installed

This connection uses the following items:

Client for Microsoft Networks
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Schedule
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Make sure that the "Cryptographic Services" service is On, and set to Auto.
This page describe how to set WZC the same principle apply the Cryptographic
Services.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
> taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
> of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
> I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
> taskbar icon.
> I would appreciate any support. Thanks
>
> Error Disabling Connection
> It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This
> connection may be using one
> or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have
> been
> intitiated by another user or the system account.
>
> When I click advanced settings, this is what is installed
>
> This connection uses the following items:
>
> Client for Microsoft Networks
> File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
> QoS Packet Schedule
> Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> When I try to disable my wireless connection from the icon on the
> taskbar, I get the following error message below. My hardware consists
> of an Intersil Prism Wireless Lan.
> I am able to disable my connection from the control panel but not the
> taskbar icon.

If you can disable a netcard from Dervice manager but not
from Network connections, a culprit may be a NDIS protocol
sitting on it, or a buggy coinstaller or notify object.
Contact the vendor of your card or driver.

Regards,
--PA