Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless icon disappeared

Wireless icon disappeared

=?Utf-8?B?QXVzdGluMTcw?=

I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless internet
connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though I'm
wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Here you go, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Austin170" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless
>internet
> connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
> windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
> signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
> connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though
> I'm
> wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

=?Utf-8?B?QXVzdGluMTcw?=

Thanks for the reply, however when I followed your instructions nothing
happened. The run box disappeared and nothing else happened. Any more
suggestions?

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Here you go, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#icon_bar
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Austin170" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I use Windows XP on a Gateway 4540 laptop. Two weeks ago my wireless
> >internet
> > connection symbol dissappeared from the toolbar at the bottom right of
> > windows. I can still access the web wirelessly, but I cannot choose which
> > signal I want to use. When I use the control panel and check internet
> > connections there it does not indicate a wireless connection even though
> > I'm
> > wirelessly connected to the internet. How do I get the symbol to return?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Get to the Control Panel by Start / Setting / Control Panel, or any other
way that your system is set for.
Once in Control Panel double click on the Network Connections.