Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Sharing a wireless connection

Sharing a wireless connection

=?Utf-8?B?QmVuNzM1Mg==?=

Is it possible to share a wireless internet connection from one pc to another
via ethernet connection???
as only one machine has a wireless card!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If both computers have regular wire Network adaptor it is possible.
You need to connect the two computers' wired cards with a crossover CAT5e
cable, and configure Windows ICS.
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ics/ics.htm
If you have Cable Internet, or DSL, and the expense gets above $20 your are
much better of taking the Wireless Router approach.
I.e buy an inexpensive Wireless Cable/DSL Router. The wired computer
connected with a wire to the Router, and the Wireless computer connected to
the Router with its wireless card.
The Router approach provides better and more flexible Internet and local
Network.
It looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...