Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > is my wireless card compatible?

is my wireless card compatible?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGNqcA==?=

I just recently set up a wireless network for my internet connection. My
computer works fine - I can connect to the internet, and everything works
quickly with no problems. However, my roommates computer is having problems
with the network. At first, she could connect to it, but it was EXTREMELY
slow and basically pointless. Lately, she hasn't been able to connect at all.
Everything is fine with the WEP key and her computers wireless settings are
set up identically as mine. She has a different wireless card than me, so I'm
wondering if that is the problem? She can connect to other wireless networks,
just not ours.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
This could be a WEP issue. When she connects to other network she probably
do not use a WEP key.
Different cards sometime do not produce the same key from the same
passphrase.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/faq#wep
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...