Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IE problem: warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to...

IE problem: warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to...

=?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=

My Internet seems to be having a problem. Now and then the internet would
suddenly cut off. Sites like google.com and microsoft.com will display the IE
error message (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage)

When I diagnose Connection Problems, Only last HTTP diagnostic displayed
errors in the log file.

Here is the Network Diagnostics log file:

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.

DNS Client Diagnostic
DNS - Not a home user scenario

info Using Web Proxy: no
info Resolving name ok for (www.microsoft.com): yes
No DNS servers

DNS failure

Gateway Diagnostic
Gateway

info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE: Automatically
Detect Settings:Enabled Automatic Configuration Script: Proxy Server: Proxy
Bypass list:
info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration
mechanism
info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.1
info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.100
info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
warn Hostname www.microsoft.com could not be resolved (Error code 0x2afc).
Could be either gateway or DNS issue
action Automated repair: Renew IP address
action Releasing the current IP address...
action Successfully released the current IP address
action Renewing the IP address...
action Successfully renewed the current IP address
info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.1
info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.100
info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
info TCP port 80 on host 207.46.225.60 was successfully reached
info The Internet host www.microsoft.com was successfully reached
info The default gateway is OK

IP Layer Diagnostic
Corrupted IP routing table

info The default route is valid
info The loopback route is valid
info The local host route is valid
info The local subnet route is valid
Invalid ARP cache entries

action The ARP cache has been flushed

IP Configuration Diagnostic
Invalid IP address

info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.100

Wireless Diagnostic
Wireless - Service disabled

Wireless - User SSID

action User input required: Specify network name or SSID
Wireless - First time setup

info The Wireless Network name (SSID) to which the user would like to
connect = linksys_SES_47675.
Wireless - Radio off

info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.100
Wireless - Out of range

Wireless - Hardware issue

Wireless - Novice user

Wireless - Ad-hoc network

Wireless - Less preferred

Wireless - 802.1x enabled

Wireless - Configuration mismatch

Wireless - Low SNR

WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication
test.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication
test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback
communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback
communication test.
info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers.

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Wireless Network Connection 2, Device=Broadcom
802.11b/g WLAN, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=WIRELESS
info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Intel(R) PRO/100
VE Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter,
MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available, prompting user for
selection
action User input required: Select network connection
info Wireless connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

Someone pls help as even firefox is having the same problem.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I assume that your computer is connected Wirelessly to a Wireless Router.
Your problem is Not IE or your Internet. It seems that your Wireless is Not
configured correctly.
Look at the Wireless section of the Diagnostic.
You should read carefully the manual of your specific Hardware and check the
configuration.
In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"D3athjam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> server
> name or address could not be resolved
> warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or
> address could not be resolved
> warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name
> or
> address could not be resolved
> warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server
> name or address could not be resolved
> warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or
> address could not be resolved
> warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or
> address could not be resolved
> error Could not make an HTTP connection.
> error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
> error Could not make an FTP connection.
>
> Someone pls help as even firefox is having the same problem.

evan

I have exactly the same problem - but do not have wireless. My system has been working fine for the past 2 years and now all of a sudden - am losing connection almost constantly. have run anti virus, spy ware, diagnostics, opened up a specified port - all to no avail

help

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

=?Utf-8?B?amhvbiBkb2U=?=

I am not useing wireless also and get the same problem.
HTTP: Error 12007 The server name cannot be resolved
Some times I have to restart my PC to get on the internet. I also get error
message about my router needing to be unpluged, I have unpluged it, and no
help at all, insted I restart my pc and it works agen.

Janipastor via WindowsKB.com

I've now contacted my ISP and they haven't been able to find any problem. I
get the impression that everyone is having this problem, and no one can fix
it. What do we do?

jhon doe wrote:
>I am not useing wireless also and get the same problem.
>HTTP: Error 12007 The server name cannot be resolved
>Some times I have to restart my PC to get on the internet. I also get error
>message about my router needing to be unpluged, I have unpluged it, and no
>help at all, insted I restart my pc and it works agen.

jacobkarathra jacobkarathra is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
i have same problem on my pc i have a domain Condroller in my Net work as well as gate way also
so i given domain DNS as well as Isp Dns in My Pc but its not browsing internet .. if i given only Isp DNS also its not browsing internet the gate way i given for Internet router Ip when i am trying to get connection check its giving error :-
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.
Our Domain is windows 2003 based, so pleas egive me a good advice for this problem....ok thanks in advance.........
by
Jacob karathra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
> [...]

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.
Our Domain is windows 2003 based, so please give me a good advice for this problem....ok thanks in advance.........

dwgelle dwgelle is offline
Junior Member

I am having the same problems on my wireless connection on my laptop,. It was working fine then had taking it to a friends house and it would not connect. I have uninstalled reinstalled. Put in a totally different wireless card all with the same results.

I have assigned IP and different DNS routers IDs. Nothing helps.

I can connect using my cell phone as a modem and with my LAN conncetion.

I have searched and searched google and others and it seems no one has a correction for this.

I'm stumpped. Please forward any information that anyone may have.

Thank you,
Dan

maddcreeper maddcreeper is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?RDNhdGhqYW0=?=
[...]

i had the same problem and i had to reset the txt log because it was reading the url wrong it wasent converting the ip number into the server name .......go into RUN/type in/netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt/the RUN will flash and then reboot

maddcreeper maddcreeper is offline
Junior Member

i had the same problem and i had to reset the txt log because it was reading the url wrong it wasent converting the ip number into the server name .......go into RUN/type in/netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt/the RUN will flash and then reboot.
this is for the 12007 connectivity errors and sparatic internet