Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > two laptops with Wi-Fi can network?

two laptops with Wi-Fi can network?

=?Utf-8?B?dmVudHVyaWFu?=

Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card)
with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or
ICS.
Is this even possible?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Many people report that sharing this type of service does not work, and that
it might "anger" Verizon.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"venturian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to share my internet connection -a Verizon WWAN broadband (PC Card)
> with another laptop. I finally got them connected, but no file sharing or
> ICS.
> Is this even possible?

AJR

As Jack suggested - not all ISPs permit connection sharing some permit
"hybrid" sharing in that only one of the computers can be connected at a
time.
Also you have posted nil about steps you have taken to "activate" ICS.