Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless network not visible after reformatting and installing SP2

Wireless network not visible after reformatting and installing SP2

=?Utf-8?B?cG9sYXJpc19kYXZl?=

Hi there,
I had to reformat our laptop (XP home) and had everything working fine with
my wireless network. After performing all of the updates including SP2, now I
cannot see my wireless network. I tried turning off the firewall and still
cannot see it. My wireless adapter appears to be functioning properly.
When I tried to Repair the connection, it said the TCP/IP was not enabled.
I'm not very experienced with this stuff. I just know enough to get into
trouble!
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
The repair error indicates that there is No Network entry for you Wireless
card.
First make sure that the card is On if you had to switch it On, reboot and
Windows would install TCP/IP.
Otherwise, may be this can Help.
This page might help in finding issues of the Network hardware and basic
settings, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
If the Hardware and the Network settings are OK, you have to configure the
Wireless aspects.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"polaris_dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> I had to reformat our laptop (XP home) and had everything working fine
> with
> my wireless network. After performing all of the updates including SP2,
> now I
> cannot see my wireless network. I tried turning off the firewall and still
> cannot see it. My wireless adapter appears to be functioning properly.
> When I tried to Repair the connection, it said the TCP/IP was not enabled.
> I'm not very experienced with this stuff. I just know enough to get into
> trouble!
> Any suggestions? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?cG9sYXJpc19kYXZl?=

Hi Jack,
The TCP/IP settings appear ok as per the ezlan.net debug page. I tried a
direct connection to my router from my laptop and it still does not work. It
is telling me that it cannot renew my IP address and that I have limited or
no connectivity. I haven't had a chance to try anything else yet, so that's
all I have for now until later tonight.
Thanks!
Dave

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> The repair error indicates that there is No Network entry for you Wireless
> card.
> First make sure that the card is On if you had to switch it On, reboot and
> Windows would install TCP/IP.
> Otherwise, may be this can Help.
> This page might help in finding issues of the Network hardware and basic
> settings, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
> If the Hardware and the Network settings are OK, you have to configure the
> Wireless aspects.
> My Wireless does not work - http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Wireless, Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "polaris_dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there,
> > I had to reformat our laptop (XP home) and had everything working fine
> > with
> > my wireless network. After performing all of the updates including SP2,
> > now I
> > cannot see my wireless network. I tried turning off the firewall and still
> > cannot see it. My wireless adapter appears to be functioning properly.
> > When I tried to Repair the connection, it said the TCP/IP was not enabled.
> > I'm not very experienced with this stuff. I just know enough to get into
> > trouble!
> > Any suggestions? Thanks!

Honu

"polaris_dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
> I had to reformat our laptop (XP home) and had everything working fine
> with
> my wireless network. After performing all of the updates including SP2,
> now I
> cannot see my wireless network. I tried turning off the firewall and still
> cannot see it. My wireless adapter appears to be functioning properly.
> When I tried to Repair the connection, it said the TCP/IP was not enabled.
> I'm not very experienced with this stuff. I just know enough to get into
> trouble!
> Any suggestions? Thanks!

Did you turn off SSID on the router?

Honu