Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Adware Pop ups

Adware Pop ups

=?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

Help please,

I keep getting a pop up that says System Alert! telling me that there are a
number of active spywares on my computer, and that I should select the baloon
to remove the spyware, etc. Thing is, when I do that it takes me to site
where I am offered to download a new and improved anti-spyware program.

I know Ihave no such thing on my system as I have run Norton numerous times
and nothing is detected. I have however just gotten rid of something called
Errorsafe or something along those lines.

I really would like to get rid of this damn thing, and I have even visited
the symantec website for help, but to no avail.

Is there anything I can do, any suggestions would be much appreciated, as at
the moment I am on the brink of insanity

Kindest regards
--
"Vivere commune est, sed non commune mereri." - Everybody lives; not
everybody deserves to

Lem

Ryan wrote:
> Help please,
>
> I keep getting a pop up that says System Alert! telling me that there are a
> number of active spywares on my computer, and that I should select the baloon
> to remove the spyware, etc. Thing is, when I do that it takes me to site
> where I am offered to download a new and improved anti-spyware program.
>
> I know Ihave no such thing on my system as I have run Norton numerous times
> and nothing is detected. I have however just gotten rid of something called
> Errorsafe or something along those lines.
>
> I really would like to get rid of this damn thing, and I have even visited
> the symantec website for help, but to no avail.
>
> Is there anything I can do, any suggestions would be much appreciated, as at
> the moment I am on the brink of insanity
>
> Kindest regards

You are infested with at least one and possibly more malware
applications. An antivirus alone is not sufficient to protect your
computer.

Removal of Errorsafe calls for rather elaborate methods. You may or may
not have cleaned it all out.

I suggest you carefully read and then follow MS-MVP Malke's advice on
removing malware:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...itfraud_Trojan

--
Lem MS MVP -- Networking

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You should know that there are Sites on the Internet that use this type of
scare tactics in order to lure you to buy their products.
In general if your WinXP SP2 Firewall is On (or you use other software
Firewall, or and, a Wireless Router). Sites can not evaluate your system
through the Internet, without your permission, an and not matter what it is
a process that takes long time, and can not be done within few seconds of
logging to a site.
You should also avoid sites that allow this type of advertising on their
pages.
However you should have software to protect your system and scan it
periodically.
Microsoft and other companies are offering for free good software for this
purpose.
http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help please,
>
> I keep getting a pop up that says System Alert! telling me that there are
> number of active spywares on my computer, and that I should select the
> baloon
> to remove the spyware, etc. Thing is, when I do that it takes me to site
> where I am offered to download a new and improved anti-spyware program.
>
> I know Ihave no such thing on my system as I have run Norton numerous
> times
> and nothing is detected. I have however just gotten rid of something
> called
> Errorsafe or something along those lines.
>
> I really would like to get rid of this damn thing, and I have even visited
> the symantec website for help, but to no avail.
>
> Is there anything I can do, any suggestions would be much appreciated, as
> at
> the moment I am on the brink of insanity
>
> Kindest regards
> --
> "Vivere commune est, sed non commune mereri." - Everybody lives; not
> everybody deserves to

UPS service won't start/no UPS tab in Power Options jdimester Computer Support 6 01-23-2010 03:27 PM
Adware, spyware and pop-ups chezmoore Computer Support 3 06-25-2005 08:04 PM
pop-ups? John Firefox 32 03-08-2005 08:56 AM
pop up prevention problem; for wanted pop ups joe doe Firefox 2 03-03-2005 08:08 AM
Pop-ups, spyware, and the like PopUlist349@hotmail.com Firefox 3 12-30-2004 12:06 AM

Advertisments