Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WLAN on vista

WLAN on vista

j.sjouw@hotmail.com

Hi,

All off a sudden my WLAN stopped working on one of my laptops (L1) for
a specific network, I see some networks but not the ones I'm supposed
to see. (wlan is working fine on this laptop (L2) I'm on now). The
laptop I'm on now (L2) show's about 5 networks a apposed to 1 on the
other laptop (L1). Things get really weird because on antother
location I can connect with the other laptop (L1) to a WLAN network
without any problems. It just refuses to see some networks (and it's
not in blocked or filter lists). I'm at a loss here

So far the only thing that seems weird is message ERROR: "Function
WlanQueryInterface returns 5023" when I run "netsh wlan show all"

Does this ring a bell to any of you ?

Greetz,

Justin

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> All off a sudden my WLAN stopped working on one of my laptops (L1) for
> a specific network, I see some networks but not the ones I'm supposed
> to see. (wlan is working fine on this laptop (L2) I'm on now). The
> laptop I'm on now (L2) show's about 5 networks a apposed to 1 on the
> other laptop (L1). Things get really weird because on antother
> location I can connect with the other laptop (L1) to a WLAN network
> without any problems. It just refuses to see some networks (and it's
> not in blocked or filter lists). I'm at a loss here
>
> So far the only thing that seems weird is message ERROR: "Function
> WlanQueryInterface returns 5023" when I run "netsh wlan show all"
>
> Does this ring a bell to any of you ?

1. Try to disable and then enable your WLAN device in the device manager.

2. Check if APs you don't see on L1 are set for same band (A/G+B/G only)
and channel, and that your WLAN card can use this band and channel
( look in advanced properties of the netcard).

--PA

j.sjouw@hotmail.com

1. Tried that, no effect, I even installed the original driver again
without effect

2. I enabled all the bands and channels I can enable but no effect.

I do have some wierd result.

I tried to connect to a different network (on the same location) but I
do't have an access key for it. So ofcourse it fails but stays
connected with "limited access".
Now when I disonnect the network and refresh the WLAN list, my home
network appears!!
When I click the network an try to connect it immediatley says it
failed...

So it does seem to seen my network when it's "awake"