Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Laptop can access Internet but not my computer or printer.

Laptop can access Internet but not my computer or printer.

=?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=

I just recently bought a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. I have a
Trendnet wireless router connected to my PC. My laptop can access the
internet and the PC can see my laptop in the network; however, my laptop
cannot see the PC.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

BruceM

Some of the basics.........
Make sure both are in the same "workgroup".
Make sure both are SHARED. If you feel secure you can simply rt click your
C:// drive & go to SHARING.
Each should be visable in "My Network Places".
You might need to reboot both for good measure.
Well I did say basics..........

"K-la" <K-la @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just recently bought a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. I have a
> Trendnet wireless router connected to my PC. My laptop can access the
> internet and the PC can see my laptop in the network; however, my laptop
> cannot see the PC.
>
> HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Basic XP -
Advanced XP -
Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"K-la" <K-la @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just recently bought a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. I have a
> Trendnet wireless router connected to my PC. My laptop can access the
> internet and the PC can see my laptop in the network; however, my laptop
> cannot see the PC.
>
> HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Sy1sYQ==?=

my techie brother came over and did all that and it still didn't work. i
even turned off my firewall!!!

"BruceM" wrote:

> Some of the basics.........
> Make sure both are in the same "workgroup".
> Make sure both are SHARED. If you feel secure you can simply rt click your
> C:// drive & go to SHARING.
> Each should be visable in "My Network Places".
> You might need to reboot both for good measure.
> Well I did say basics..........
>

> "K-la" <K-la @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just recently bought a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista. I have a
> > Trendnet wireless router connected to my PC. My laptop can access the
> > internet and the PC can see my laptop in the network; however, my laptop
> > cannot see the PC.
> >
> > HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

David Hettel

Vista is different than previous Windows, if you go to Start (menu) |
Control Panel | Network and Internet | Network and Sharing Center | Can you
list what you see there? In the first section do you see Public network?
Under "Sharing and Discovery" what are your settings (what is on and what is
off)?

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.