Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WZC won't start

WZC won't start

=?Utf-8?B?Q2luZHkyMDA3?=

I have a USB wireless connection that was working and then quit. This
happened after clicking on a link from a website I was at that looked to be a
good link. I did some research and found an article, 871122, that talked
about the problem. It states that the "Wireless zero service" is not running
and and how to start it. I attempted to start it, but I get another error,
1068, stating that a dependancy is not available. I cannot find anything
that tells me what might be missing that needs to be available to start the
service. Can anyone give me an idea of what I might need to do to get the
wireless service running again? This is driving me crazy. I have no clue
what to do and since I don't have wireless I can't download any service
packs. How much would something like this cost to fix?
--
Cindy

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

This error usually means that another service that WZC is depended on is not
running.

Check it and set it correctly.

.. Application Layer Gateway Service

.. Network Connections

.. Network Location Awareness (NLA)

.. Plug and Play

.. Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

.. Remote Access Connection Manager

.. Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

.. Telephony

This page is written for the Widows Zero Configuration service but the same
method applies to the other services too, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...