Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help! Cannot get Music Bridge to connect to Buffalo network.

Help! Cannot get Music Bridge to connect to Buffalo network.

Bill & Debbie

Had a wireless network up and running using Linksys's router, pcmcia card
and their musical bridge. I decided to replace my Linksys router and pcmcia
card with Buffalo's router and pcmcia card. The wireless network works fine
with the pcmcia to the internet. However, I cannot get the Linksys music
bridge to connect to the wireless network. I'm sure I'm just not setting up
something correctly. The Linksys installation software is aimed at
connecting the music bridge to a Linksys wireless network. It does have an
advanced manual path and I guess I just know enough to set this up
correctly.

Thanks in advance for help or advice,
Bill

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I am not familiar with the Linksys Musical Bridge.
However different manufacturer are using different subnet for their default
device's IP.
It might be that you need to change the Musical Bridge default IP to much
the subnet of the Buffalo.
Example: if Linksys is 192.168.x.10 the x the 191.168.x part has to the
same as the Buffalo's core IP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...