Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server

The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server

Beemer

OE6 has been working perfectly until I connected my Belkin Wireless G Plus
Router. Now I start OE6 and download news messages. A few minutes later I
get a pop up message which says
The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server

What is happening here and how can I stop it disconnecting. (I do not use
dial up)

Beemer

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Doubt that the Router did (or can do) any thing to your OE. It might be that
your system is not configured correctly, and thus you don't have a solid
Internet connection.
However in order to give you a focused answer you need to tell us more about
your system (like what type of Internet and how is it configured, wire,
wireless).
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Beemer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OKTpt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OE6 has been working perfectly until I connected my Belkin Wireless G Plus
> Router. Now I start OE6 and download news messages. A few minutes later
> get a pop up message which says
> The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server
>
> What is happening here and how can I stop it disconnecting. (I do not use
> dial up)
>
> Beemer

Beemer

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hi
| Doubt that the Router did (or can do) any thing to your OE. It might be
that
| your system is not configured correctly, and thus you don't have a solid
| Internet connection.
| However in order to give you a focused answer you need to tell us more
about
| your system (like what type of Internet and how is it configured, wire,
| wireless).
| Jack (MVP-Networking).
|
| "Beemer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news:OKTpt$(E-Mail Removed)...
| > OE6 has been working perfectly until I connected my Belkin Wireless G
Plus
| > Router. Now I start OE6 and download news messages. A few minutes
later
| > get a pop up message which says
| > The tcp connection was unexpectedly disconnected from the server
| >
| > What is happening here and how can I stop it disconnecting. (I do not
use
| > dial up)
| >
| > Beemer

Jack,

"solid internet connection" .... what's that?

Internet connection - No proxy, been a wired connection to a cable modem
working fine for many 5 years.

Used McAfee firewall but now using Belkin firewall which has no current
blocks or exceptions

Beemer

Beemer

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Many Cable ISPs use the MAC number of the initial PC that was used to
connect to the Modem as form of ID and PW.
If your ISP authenticates this way you need to clone the MAC of the computer
to the Router.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html