Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connecting existing pc to laptop

Connecting existing pc to laptop

=?Utf-8?B?UmhvbmRh?=

I have windows xp home edition SP2 on pc and am looking to set up a network,
connecting a laptop with windows media center 2005 to share the internet
connection. Can this be done wirelessly (the laptop is wireless enabled) ?
If it can be done, which wireless router would you recommend ?

=?Utf-8?B?bmFzcw==?=

"Rhonda" wrote:

> I have windows xp home edition SP2 on pc and am looking to set up a network,
> connecting a laptop with windows media center 2005 to share the internet
> connection. Can this be done wirelessly (the laptop is wireless enabled) ?
> If it can be done, which wireless router would you recommend ?

Personally my favorite is D-Linksys then Netgear, you need to check both
laptop are wireless capable or you may need another USB wireless Card to
boost the Signal strength if one of the Laptop's (Up stair) is far from the
Wireless Router.
Here are some links will help you to understand and setup the Wireless
network:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../wireless.mspx
4 steps to set up your home wireless network:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/more...lesssetup.mspx
HTH.
Regards,
nass