Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > File Sharing Problems

File Sharing Problems

=?Utf-8?B?ZHJ3eXNlNTcw?=

We have a wired network at our office with multiple computers attached to it.
We have recently purchased a wireless router for a few laptops that require
wireless. I have hooked the wireless router into the wired router to give it
access (as if I was hooking another computer into the wired router). I now
have internet on the laptops and can file swap with them to each other, but I
can not get them to talk to the wired computers at all. I can not get ride
of my wired router, because the wireless router does not have enough ports in
the back to support the amount of computers that I have wired. What have I
done wrong?

David Hettel

You bought a wireless router rather than an access point, what you need is
an access point, not another router. Try this page and you may be able to
turn your wireless router into an access point.
http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

--
David Hettel

E-mail or news groups.