Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Zero Configuration

Wireless Zero Configuration

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuc29vciBBaG1lZA==?=

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not start
automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that the
service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have to
manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix for
this?

Many Thanks

Sooner Al [MVP]

"Mansoor Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not
> start
> automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that
> the
> service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have
> manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix
> for
> this?
>
> Many Thanks

Go into the dependencies tab and see if any of those need to be started...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Most Wireless Utilities that come with Wireless Card, or are already
installed on a Laptop, switch Off WZC when they run. It might be that part
of the Utility loads on at StartUp and disables WZC every time that you
start your computer.
Check for it and disable the Utility (or its service) if you find one.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Mansoor Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am having a problem whereby the Wireless Zero Configuration does not
> start
> automatically when I load windows. When I got into services, i see that
> the
> service is showing as stopped, when the type is set to automatic. I have
> manually click on start everytime i turn the machine on. Is there a fix
> for
> this?
>
> Many Thanks

Robert Arias

The same thing was happening to me and it cost me $100 to have a tech guy fix it. So here it is.. after re starting Zero configuration again.. go to START then to ALL PROGRAMS then find your wireless card..( wireless utilities).. I have a gateway laptop with XP.. so I have a BROADCOM WIRELESS.. go to its UTILITIES....UNCHECK.. the box that says.. LET THIS TOOL MANAGE MY WIRELESS CONNECTIONS.... press apply and ok.. you shold be go to .. $100 over a little box.. DAMMMM..