Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help: Problem with My Network Places

Help: Problem with My Network Places

Jabs

My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of the
files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some reason
when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am sharing are listed
under "The Internet" instead of "Local Network" What could be causing this
problem? How can I correct this? Thanks for any help in correcting this
problem.

Jabs

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
to be shared.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Jabs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45b66508$0$7697$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My network is using WindowsXP on a desktop and I want to share some of the
> files with the other 2 notebooks in this network. However, for some
> reason when I view "My Network Places" the files that I am sharing are
> listed under "The Internet" instead of "Local Network" What could be
> causing this problem? How can I correct this? Thanks for any help in
> correcting this problem.
>
> Jabs

Jabs

Thanks Jack, I found my problem in my Norton Internet Securtiy's Personsonal
Firewalls' Trusted Zones..

Jabs

news:(E-Mail Removed)...