Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: WLAN Quick Launch Button/Key

Re: WLAN Quick Launch Button/Key

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Any thing like this that involves pressing a button that is propriety to the
hardware, is usually controlled by software that is provided by the Hardware
manufacturer (I have few Laptops, and none of them have such a button, on
the other hand I might have buttons that your laptop does not provide).
I.e. somewhere on you system there should be software provided by
Fujutsu-Siemens that let you assign what this button would do.
Many times it can be accessed by a propriety icon in the Control Panel.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I formatted the hard drive and reloaded Windows XP (Home)SP2, on my
> Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 1310G notebook computer.
> I reinstalled ALL the necessary drivers for my notebook as supplied by
> Fujutsu-Siemens.
> I am now experiencing a problem with the computer. When I press the WLAN
> Quick Launch button/key (which is located on the top
> of the keyboard) it does not open the screen "Choose a wireless network"
> (ie. see attached file No.1).
>
> Prior to my reloading of Windows XP Home on my notebook, when I pressed
> the
> WLAN Quick Launch button, the "Choose a wireless network" screen used to
> open.
>
> I am led to believe that the launching of the "Choose a wireless network"
> is
> a Windows application launching, and that the there is no programming
> software for the WLAN Quick Launch button, and that it is a Windows
> setting
> on activation of Wireless launch, Windows Zero Administration Utility.
>
> Is this true and can you please help me with a solution ?
>
> Many thanks.

Help needed locating driver for ACER WLAN 11g USB Dongle (WLAN-G-US1) Chris Mitchell Wireless Networking 5 12-26-2007 05:48 PM
Re: WLAN Quick Launch Button/Key Pavel A. Wireless Networking 0 01-21-2007 05:45 AM
SeaMonkey Quick Launch - can't disable DN Firefox 0 04-24-2006 01:09 AM
quick launch wc Firefox 4 04-05-2004 08:38 AM
Re: Quick Launch farmhand Computer Support 3 07-11-2003 06:44 PM

Advertisments