Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Connection Disappeared

Wireless Connection Disappeared

=?Utf-8?B?aGFpd2VlcHA=?=

I just loaded Windows XP Home back onto a laptop that had become corrupted
and wouldn't load anything. XP reformatted the hard drive and then loaded
itself. The laptop has built in wireless ( AMD Mobile Sempron) but I can't
get the wireless connection set up to appear in Network Connections (1394
Connection does appear). Any ideas of how to find it or recreate it?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Did you check the existence of a Wireless Card in the Device Manger?
There is a very hi probability that reinstallation of Windows does not
include the drivers and the software that were installed originally with the
Card. If this is so, the Card is not really installed and you have No
Wireless, and you have to re-install the Card's software.
This is a picture of the Device Manger you have to see under Network Adapter
an installation of the Wireless (without the yellow!),
http://www.ezlan.net/network/GhostNIC.jpg
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...