Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > not enough server storage to process this command

Reply
Thread Tools

not enough server storage to process this command

 
 
Leanin' Cedar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-14-2007
Dell desktop host, two laptops; all running XP SP2

All was working ok; file and printer sharing between all three PCs. The only
change I have made was uninstalling Norton System Works 2005 on the Dell
desktop and one laptop and installed NOD32 antivirus.

All three pcs can be seen on the network, both laptops can share files with
each other and can see the Dell. Both laptops can share the internet
(dialup) and the printer connected to the Dell desktop. I can access the
shared files on both laptops from the Dell.

If I try to access files on the desktop from the laptops I get the subject
error message.

If I try to access the files on the Dell by going to network
places>Microsoft windows network>mshome; the Dell shows along with the
laptops, clicking on the Dell brings up a list of folders and clicking on a
folder gives me the error msg.

I can ping all of the pcs from each pc, I can ping the loopback IP on the
Dell

I have changed the decimal value in the registry for the parameters to 21
and still no luck.

I have shutdown the pc, unplugged the router (although there does not appear
to be any problem there) restarted the router and then the PC. After a lot
of Google, one idea was after changing the registry value the router could
still be a cause of the error msg.

I have a feeling it has to do with the Norton and NOD32 change on the Dell,
but it went OK on the laptop.

Thanks for any ideas, I have Googled for a week on this thinking I could get
it working but no luck

I use ZA for my firewall on all three machines. Everything is OK with the IP
addresses in the trusted range.

Bob


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-14-2007
Leanin' Cedar wrote:

> Dell desktop host, two laptops; all running XP SP2
>
> All was working ok; file and printer sharing between all three PCs. The
> only change I have made was uninstalling Norton System Works 2005 on the
> Dell desktop and one laptop and installed NOD32 antivirus.
>
> All three pcs can be seen on the network, both laptops can share files
> with each other and can see the Dell. Both laptops can share the internet
> (dialup) and the printer connected to the Dell desktop. I can access the
> shared files on both laptops from the Dell.
>
> If I try to access files on the desktop from the laptops I get the subject
> error message.
>
> If I try to access the files on the Dell by going to network
> places>Microsoft windows network>mshome; the Dell shows along with the
> laptops, clicking on the Dell brings up a list of folders and clicking on
> a folder gives me the error msg.
>
> I can ping all of the pcs from each pc, I can ping the loopback IP on the
> Dell
>
> I have changed the decimal value in the registry for the parameters to 21
> and still no luck.
>
> I have shutdown the pc, unplugged the router (although there does not
> appear to be any problem there) restarted the router and then the PC.
> After a lot of Google, one idea was after changing the registry value the
> router could still be a cause of the error msg.
>
> I have a feeling it has to do with the Norton and NOD32 change on the
> Dell, but it went OK on the laptop.
>
> Thanks for any ideas, I have Googled for a week on this thinking I could
> get it working but no luck
>
> I use ZA for my firewall on all three machines. Everything is OK with the
> IP addresses in the trusted range.


Not enough server storage is available to process this command error - by
MVP Hans-Georg Michna

This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug. The
problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the machine
where you see the error message. On the computer you are attempting to
connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize back
to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't exist,
create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
5. Reboot the computer.

Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about this,
too:

Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leanin' Cedar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-14-2007

"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erfrP%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not enough server storage is available to process this command error - by
> MVP Hans-Georg Michna
>
> This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
> The
> problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
> machine
> where you see the error message. On the computer you are attempting to
> connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.
>
> Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize
>
> On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
> back
> to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:
>
> 1. Start regedit.
> 2. Navigate to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
> 3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't exist,
> create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
> 4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
> 5. Reboot the computer.
>
> Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
> this,
> too:
>
> Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User


That did it, I found other information about increasing the stacksize,
resetting to 15 solved it. I also had the ID 2011

Thanks
Bob


 
Reply With Quote
 
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-14-2007
Leanin' Cedar wrote:

> That did it, I found other information about increasing the stacksize,
> resetting to 15 solved it. I also had the ID 2011


Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not enough server storage is available to process this command mapi-user Windows 64bit 3 05-19-2008 10:38 PM
"not enough server storage is available to process this command" E =?Utf-8?B?UENmaXhpbm1hbg==?= Wireless Networking 5 03-17-2007 10:30 PM
"not enough server storage" error when mapping drive =?Utf-8?B?bXV6eg==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-05-2005 03:00 AM
Not Enough Server Storage =?Utf-8?B?RWtfU3R1cGlkbw==?= Wireless Networking 6 02-16-2005 01:54 PM
Not enough server storage - was ok but now one-way =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?= Wireless Networking 2 11-03-2004 04:54 PM



Advertisments