Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows Sees No Wireless Networks.

Windows Sees No Wireless Networks.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyc2hhbGwgVHdheQ==?=

This problem is definitely wierd.
I just built a new computer and installed a clean copy of WinXPSP2. When I
installed my network card, everything went smoothly (no issues in Device
Manager). However, Windows Zero Config keeps telling me there are no networks
in range! There are at least Three.

The drivers are listed.
There are no IRQ conflicts listed.
Uninstall and Re-installation of the drivers seems to make no difference.

I am going to try a manual clean of the registry next. but would appreciate
any advice.

Marshall Tway

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I do not think that any registry intervention would any thing.
Your Antenna is probably stuck low close to the floor between the tower case
and the wall.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Marshall Tway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This problem is definitely wierd.
> I just built a new computer and installed a clean copy of WinXPSP2. When I
> installed my network card, everything went smoothly (no issues in Device
> Manager). However, Windows Zero Config keeps telling me there are no
> networks
> in range! There are at least Three.
>
> The drivers are listed.
> There are no IRQ conflicts listed.
> Uninstall and Re-installation of the drivers seems to make no difference.
>
> I am going to try a manual clean of the registry next. but would
> appreciate
> any advice.
>
> Marshall Tway

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyc2hhbGwgVHdheQ==?=

Jack,
Afraid not, the Antennas sit about Desktop Level. Everything is in the same
place it was before (pretty much) when the network worked.

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> I do not think that any registry intervention would any thing.
> Your Antenna is probably stuck low close to the floor between the tower case
> and the wall.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Marshall Tway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This problem is definitely wierd.
> > I just built a new computer and installed a clean copy of WinXPSP2. When I
> > installed my network card, everything went smoothly (no issues in Device
> > Manager). However, Windows Zero Config keeps telling me there are no
> > networks
> > in range! There are at least Three.
> >
> > The drivers are listed.
> > There are no IRQ conflicts listed.
> > Uninstall and Re-installation of the drivers seems to make no difference.
> >
> > I am going to try a manual clean of the registry next. but would
> > appreciate
> > any advice.
> >
> > Marshall Tway

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
SP2 installs fresh security center that is On by default.
Organize the Firewall (or Firewalls if you have an additional software
Firewall) with the correct exceptions to make sure that nothing id blocking
the connection. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357